Natsu x Reader: Groceries (Modern AU)

A/N: Hey everyone! So I did a longer one this time, so I hope you enjoy it.

**********************************************

It happened basically everyday, so she didn't know why she was about to cry. Maybe it was because it was her birthday, maybe it was the fact that she was working a twelve hour shift, maybe it was just because she was so sick of people yelling at her while she tried to do her job. Either way, tears threatened to show.

I can't show weakness, she thought. It'll only make him happier.

(Y/N) did what she usually did - frantically apologize and offer to get her manager.

"You better be getting your manager. Honestly, if you don't even know how to turn off your register light when you have to call for help then you shouldn't keep yourself alive."

Complete shock ran through her body. She couldn't help herself.

"Are you serious? Did you really just say that?"

"Stop wasting my time and get your fucking manager already!"

(Y/N) stiffly nodded and walked over to the customer service desk, talking to the worker there.

"Hey Karen," she tried to joke. "You'll never believe what that guy told me."

"What was it this time? Too young to work here, Miss I-Look-Like-A-Twelve-Year-Old?"

"No, this one is even better. He basically told me that I should kill myself because I didn't turn my light off while I was dealing with that lady whose card declined."

"Jesus Christ. Manager?"

"If you would be so kind. Mind if I stay over here until he gets here?"

"Make yourself comfortable. I'll call Mike."

About ten minutes went by and Mike finally appeared. (Y/N) gestured over to her register and quickly explained the situation. He looked bewildered and rushed over to the screaming customer.

"Sir, what seems to be the problem?"

"This bitch thought it would be okay to leave her light on when she was dealing with another customer. It took fucking forever and I demand something free to make up for it."

"Sir, she's been instructed to keep her light on as long as she's working unless I tell her to turn it off."

"Well that doesn't fix the ten minutes that I've wasted waiting in this fucking line."

"Dude," another voice spoke up. "Just chill it already."

Everyone looked to see Natsu, another manager. He was known as the "cool" manager, and everyone loved him. Basically every girl had crushes on him. (Y/N)'s excuses for her crush were "who wouldn't" and "everyone else does." Natsu was young, and there was no doubt that he was also very attractive. He made his way over to the register and crossed his arms.

"How old are you? Fifty?"

"What does my age have to do with anything?!"

"Because you're acting like a two-year-old. And I'm sorry, but it's federal law that I can't sell booze to anyone under 21."

"What did you just say to me, you little punk? I asked to speak to a manager, not some wise ass--"

"Actually," Natsu started as he smirked devilishly, "I am the manager."

(Y/N) and Mike looked back and forth between Natsu and the customer before looking at each other. The customer shouted that he wanted to speak to Mike, the more "less asshole" manager as he put it.