Too much? $^

Zayn had been outside standing in the parking lot of the venue they were playing at for the next three nights, catching a quick smoke break and he couldn't stop thinking about how they were always busy with signings, recordings and shows, and barely had anytime for free time.

They were just starting their fourth tour. It was amazing how it has been almost five years since the Lads had met each other. Zayn had continued to think about what it would be like if his mother had not yelled at him to wake up that morning. What would happened if he decide he did not want to do this anymore?

Zayn's thoughts were interrupted when he heard Liam's voice coming up behind him.

"You okay?"

"Yea. Just thinking." Zayn had turned around to see Liam had been watching him. Liam had been leaning against the brick wall for the past few minutes watching Zayn's every move.

"I thought you said you were going to quit, Z?" Liam came to stand right in front of him. "Where is the pack?"

"Li"

"Zayn, hand them over." Liam was determined to help Zayn quit.

"I just finished the pack Liam." Zayn was looking at everything but Liam.

"Zayn."

Zayn gave up and handed Liam the half empty pack.

"Why did you lie, Z? You made a promise to us that you would take care of yourself. You promise that you would quit. What's going on? What happened for you to fall back?" Liam was concern for the black-haired. Zayn had lately been drawing away from the other four, and most of all acting weird on stage. Liam knew Zayn had been acting like everything was fine on stage, but behind the scenes, Zayn would just push others away from him and go sit in the hotel room by himself.

"Nothing, Liam. Sorry just want one." Zayn continued to not look anywhere but the ground. He could not look at Liam, knowing that the slightly younger lad had a disappointment look on his face. Zayn knew the other four were trying to help him, but lately he just needed a smoke.

"Zayn."

"I'm fine, Liam."

Liam watched Zayn as he slowly nodded and walked back into the venue.

The glowing ember at the end of the cigarette caught Zayn's eyes. Maybe he'll quit tonight, maybe not. He knew he promise the Lads he would quit but as he took another long drag, the smoke filling his lungs, it was calming, truly. This was one of the few places he could think without being bothered.

"Zayn! Time to get ready!" Zayn lets out a breath, his eyes fluttering shut slowly as he takes another drag, thinking maybe he'll quit for the lads, just for tonight, or he should just tell them he is done and just hide when he needs one.

This was an often occurrence, except for lately none of the Lads knew what Zayn was doing. He would just disappear for about a hour.

Zayn had been sneaking around lately going outside to have a smoke. He knew the Lads would be disappointed in him, but he just needed to have a smoke. This is one of the few ways he could let all his worries, stresses, and fears go.

It was finally time for Zayn and Louis to head to Japan after they spend a few days in LA. During those days, Louis notice something different about Zayn. Yes, Louis would smoke with Zayn, but it was literally a lot during this small break they had. Louis grew concern about Zayn, but push it aside just to get the black-haired out and about LA. Dragging him to several bars and clubs to hang out with a few of their friends.

The morning after they got to Japan, Zayn felt horrible. He woke up with a stuffy nose and with his throat a little sore. Zayn kept the information all to himself thinking that it would just go away on its own and knew it would be really easy to hide from the lads considering it wasn't much. He continued on with sneaking around to have his daily, more like hourly smoke.