Hey Storm, Hey Angel @ (N)

Flashes of lightning and rolls of thunder filled the room as Niall woke quickly; rolling over, trying to get comfortable. A few seconds later, his room was lit with a flash which was gone as soon as it came. The fierce rumbled of thunder followed was the reason that Niall was out of bed and across his room faster than the lightning. 

Niall pulled his door open and went on a search for one of his brothers. He didn't look far when he found himself at his closest in age brother's room. 

"Harry?" The little blond whisper into the dark room. Tip toeing closer to the bed to find his thirteen year old brother curled up into the sheets and comforter. 

"Harry!" Niall whisper a tid bit louder. The brown haired turned onto his left shoulder, opening his eyes seeing his youngest brother there with a blue blanket wrapped around him.

"Niall? What's wrong?" Harry woke up a bit more seeing the little blonde shaking.

As soon as he said that, thunder and lightning made their selves known. Harry pulled Niall into his lap, trying to calm the blonde down when he started to sob and had jumped at the sight and sound of the thunder and lightning.

"Shhh... Ni, it's okay." Harry continued to say when He glanced up at his door opening a bit more to find their oldest brothers standing in the doorway.

"I don't like it!" Niall wailed. "Make it stop, Harry! Make it stop." Curling into his brother's chest as he cried. 

Harry saw his brothers walked over to them, as he met their glazes with desperation and pain in his eyes. It was killing him, that his brother was crying his heart out and he didn't know what to do. 

"Hey Nialler," Liam said gently so that he wouldn't startle the child. "What's the matter, kiddo?"

"It won't stop! Why is it not stopping? Why do they cry?" Niall asked as turned into Harry's arm, so he could face his older brothers. 

"They? What do you mean, squirt?" Zayn asked as he got down to be face to face with his youngest brother. 

"Angels. Louis said that the rain is the angels crying. Why do they cry? It won't stop and it is really, really loud. Is it Mommy crying? Why is she sad? Does she miss us?" 

All of the younger brothers sent their eldest brother a look. Louis knew he couldn't hid the pain in his eyes. He knew his face was echoing what his brothers looked like.

None of them knew what to do, so they continued to look at the nineteen year old. They knew their eldest brother would know what to do but just looking at him as a lone tear rolled down his face, like several running down their faces. 

"Come here Nialler." Louis said holding out his hand to the youngest Tomlinson. He had been trying to hold in the many tears that were about to leak out. 

Niall wiggled out of Harry's arms as he grabbed hold of Louis's hand like it was a life line, until a roll of thunder filled the silence. Niall wrapped his arms tightly against his brother. 

"Make it stop!" Niall yelled. Louis thanked the stars that their father was gone on a week long trip. 

"Baby, look at me." Niall slowly turned his eyes on Louis. 

"Nothing is going to happened to you, I promise." 

"Where are we going, Louis?" Niall asked tearily but curious.

Louis just smiled not answering the little blonde. He nodded his head to his younger brothers to follow him. He led them to his room and picked Niall up, putting him on his bed. 

"Lay down and look up to the sky." Louis pointed to the window in his ceiling. Louis always loved this about his room, he could always look through the window to see the stars or storms. 

"So, are the angels crying, Lou." Niall asked as he curled up into Louis's chest. 

"No, kiddo. They are laughing. Laughing with joy. They are looking down at us as we look to the sky at them." 

"Why are they laughing at us?" 

"They aren't laughing at us, squirt. They are laughing with joy and peace up there in the sky."

"I want to be just like them. I want to be just like mom." 

No one said anything, until Zayn said, "One day, one day. Hopefully not anytime soon. We want to keep you around a bit longer." 

"I wonder if they ever want to be like us? Like come back down," Harry asked.

"Yes, they would!" Niall laughed.

"How do you know little one?" Liam smiled.

"Cause I bet they miss us and all." 

"I bet so." Louis smiled as Niall yawned. 

"I know I want to be like them, one day." Niall closed his eyes, forgetting about the storm outside, knowing that he was safe with his brothers and the angels looking down at them, and smiling. 

All of them following into their youngest footsteps, falling asleep together, looking up at the sky, knowing their mother is watching down on them.