Not Alone part 2 $#&

Louis watched as all the color drained from his younger boyfriends. The open horror and fear in his boyfriends' eyes were almost too much for the oldest to cope with, but he tried his best to keep his mask of calm in place. He needed to stay strong for the others. He owed that to them after what he'd done. It was his fault they were here. If he had not mess with Zayn at the signing, then no one would have known anything. Zayn would not have gotten hate from everyone.

Louis gritted his teeth and looked back up at his boyfriends, noticing that all three wore expressions of panic.

"No" Harry breathed, looking equally as pale as the oldest. "No, he- why? Why did he do this? We were here for him. How could we be so stupid? so blind?"

Louis felt his throat aching with the suppressed emotion, and swallowed painfully. "I do not know, Love. We all thought he was getting better. I can not believe we let it come to this. What happens if we lose him?" He said seriously.

Liam's head snapped up and he took a deep breath. Louis was relieved to see that the mask of calm had slipped back into place, and that Liam's eyes were now filled with a serious determination. "We are not going to lose him, Louis. Zayn is a fighter. He will make it. He will be fine before we know it."

Louis nodded his head once as he took Liam by the arm and walked out of the waiting room. Louis's heart clenched once again as he glanced back quickly to the blonde crying quietly on Harry. As he got far away, Louis slid down the wall, pulling his knees to his chest. "I do not know how to be strong anymore. What if he honestly does not make it. There was a lot of blood there, Li. It will break Niall if Zayn does not make it. It will break all of us, really, but Niall. I am worried about him. He has not said a word since we found Zayn."

Liam crouched down so that he was at eye-level with Louis. "Zayn is going to be fine, Lou. I promise. You need to be strong for him, me and the other two. You can do it, Louis. I believe you can. I am also worried about Niall, but we need to let him know that we are here for him also." Liam tried to put as much encouragement into his words as possible.

"It's all my fault. It's all my fault." Louis chanted over and over. Tears streaming down his face.

"Louis. Lou, listen to me." Liam said calmly. "I want you to take a deep breathe and concentrate on my voice for a minute, can you do that?"

Louis swallowed and took a deep breathe, his heart hammering in his chest. He knew he wad going to end up hyperventilating if he carried on like this. He needed to calm down and focus. "Okay. I'm alright." he said.

"Louis. It is going to be fine. It is in no way your fault. You were just having fun with him during the signing. You know how he gets during those. You were just trying to help him. He said right afterwards that he forgave you. He was fine then. It's a pity that we did not see the hate he was getting. I do not know how we missed it, but the most important part is, is that we got him here alive. The doctors and nurses are taking care of him. Come on, let's get some tea for the other two." He held his hand out for Louis to take and then pushed him towards the little cafe area.

Harry was pacing the waiting room nervously. They have not heard anything yet. None of the nurses could get any information from the surgeons on how Zayn was doing. It was nerve-wracking to say the least.