The Missing Piece @^&

This is an AU- where Liam is a hybrid and the boys aren't famous. This is my first time doing this type of story, so sorry if it's horrible.. :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sky had became a dark gray color, with fluffy white snow falling ever so lightly. The air was crispy and cold, all of the lads wanted to do is get back to their house where it was nice and warm, get a fire going, have some hot tea or hot chocolate. The four lads had been walking around the little mall area to get their Christmas presents for their families. The lads had been in a four-way relationship since they were high school several years ago. Lately they felt like something was missing, but they had no clue what was it was.

"We should have taken the car." Harry complained as the wind picked up just a little bit.

"I know, sorry loves. I thought it would be easier to walk since it is not far from the house." Louis commented as he wrapped his scarf around his neck.

"Louis. It is two miles away. Come on." Zayn snapped adjusting his handle on some of the bags that Harry had made him hold.

"Well we would not have been able to dance in the snow," Niall giggles and suddenly stop when he looks around only to see a small figure ahead of them curled up into a ball.

"Hello there love. Are you okay?" asked Niall has he got closer. The Lads surround the little boy.

The little one had looked up at the four lads, only for them to look shock. He had nothing on but a holey t-shirt and ripped pants. But that's not what surprised the Lads, the lad had two caramel brown ears that slightly poke out of his light brown hair, and a long tail of the same color that was wrapped around his body trying to keep him warm.

"Aw, Love. We are not going to hurt you." Niall cooed as he tried to comfort the little kitten, but was met with a scream.

All four lads' concern grew as the little kitten had jumped away from Niall revealing several scars that where all over his body, bruises that covered his neck, and some of his chest that was seen by the holes in the shirt.

"Hey, it's okay love. I won't hurt you. I'm Harry, what's your name?" Harry asks gently bending down next to Niall. The kitten glance at Harry and shakes his head slowly.

"Oh, do you know what your name is?" Harry asks hopefully. The poor lad nods but hisses when Louis came close.

"We'll have to bring him home, we can't leave him out here." Harry says sadly then turns to his boyfriends to see if it was okay.

The older three nodded their heads.

"Hey there, do you want to come with us to our house? I'll give you some warm clothes and some milk?." Harry said gently getting closer to him.

The kitten looks at Harry and then the rest of the lads for a moment as if debating whether or not to trust us. He slowly gets up and grabs Harry and Niall's hands to follow them.

Once the lads had made it to the house, Harry offered the boy some warmer clothes. The boy hesitated to take the clothes. He glanced at Harry and the rest of the lads, as they were watching him like a hawk.

"It's okay, love. We will not harm you. We are going to take care of you," Niall smiled at the young boy.

"T-thanks." The boy stuttered.

"Your welcome, love." Niall said gently swipe some hair out of the kitten's face. As soon as Niall swipe the piece of hair, the boy moved away quickly and clumsily fell up the stairs.

"Sorry,sorry, don't kill me, I-i am sorry. I-i clumsy.." the boy quickly got up and ran to one of the rooms upstairs.

"Should I go help him?" Niall asked as he glanced at his boyfriends. "He is terrified of us."

"Let him be on his own right now, Ni. I wonder what happened in his past." Louis told the blonde.

"He has bruises and scars all over," Niall started to tear up.

"Oh Ni, babe. He will be fine. We will take care of him. Maybe he is the missing piece that we needed. We all already love him." Zayn pointed out.

"I agree with Zayn, loves." Louis agreed with Zayn. Niall and Harry had a huge smile on their faces. As the four lads head to the kitchen for get dinner ready.

The little kitten looked around to find that the lads had left. His heart dropped. Did they leave him? They had been the only ones who have loved on him inside of hurting him. He had been in and out of homes for the past ten years. He had really enjoying being with these lad. If he hadn't known better, he would say that he loved them. But what if they act kind at first, then turn around and then hurt him. His breathing started to pick up once more.

The boy quietly tried to calm down some before he walk to the living room where Harry and Niall, who were sitting watching the TV. The lad curled up into a ball on the love seat right next to Niall.

"Hey there, do you mind telling us what your name is, love?" Niall asks softly and smiles at the lad reassuringly, as he saw from the corner of his eye, the rest of his boyfriends

" L-Liam." He says.

"That is a lovely name, love." Harry said as he rubbed Liam's arms to let Liam know that he was safe.

"Thanks," Liam said reassured. He knew these lads were different than his previous families. He actually felt safe with them. Liam started to curl into Niall's shoulder.

Niall's smiled grew as he lifted his arm around the kitten pulling him close. Liam started to purr as Niall started to pet his ears.

"Liam, Can you tell us what happened to you?" Zayn spoke softly.

"U-um, I" Should he just tell them? They would protected him, right? He just met them, but they just helped him.

"I was just in several homes that di-d not like-e me because of my ears." Liam told them. He trusted them. He had no idea why, but he felt like he was wanted here. He felt that this is where he was needed and wanted.

"Oh, love. Just know that we will love you and take care of you. You will have the four of us to take care of you." Louis stated as he was look down at the little one.

"Really?!" Liam was surprised that they wanted to take care of him. They wanted him. A huge smile was on his face.

"Yes, love. Stay with us." Niall smiled.

The older three stared in awe, as Niall started to laugh as Liam would lick his face. Smiles would spread across their faces. This was it.

They had finally found the missing piece to their puzzle.