Better Late Than Never $

Niall glanced up as his four band mates walk in the studio laughing about something as they were holding hands. Sighing as he glanced down at his little journal that had several lyrics written down on it. Most of the lyrics told about someone who was feeling a tad bit left out. Niall had been the one. He found out several months ago that his band-mate had form a four-way relationship between them. It had started as Liam and Zayn were together and Harry and Louis were together. Somehow it suddenly became Harry, Louis, Zayn and Liam.

Niall was jealous though he would never admit but he was. He wanted to be loved and be worth something like he had been once upon a time. When the Lads had started after the X-factor that was Niall's favorite time. He and the Lads were close by now, they all left to do things just the four of them.

Niall wanted to join them. He wanted to love all four of them and all four of them to love him. He wanted to ask if he could join, but was afraid. I mean who goes to their best friends and ask to be in their relationship. It was just wrong. It was wrong anyways. A relationship was supposed to be between two people, not four, or even five.

Niall watched as the four went into a different room then him. It just hurt. He wanted it to just stop. He felt worthless, lonely, unloved and it just hurt so fucking bad.

He loved the lads. They were the first things he thought about. They were his idols. Even the fans knew this. They saw in the interviews that Niall would look at the others in fondness. Niall was their number one fan.

It was completely different than them. He was not on their mind. They completely ignored him. Made him feel like he was a burden, and that he was annoying. What was the saddest thing was that he felt like he was the weight on their chests they could not shake off and he knew they would be so much happier if he left.

What Niall did not know was he was on their mind all the time. They wanted him as much as he wanted them. They were just afraid that he would not want to. They knew he was their missing piece. They knew he would fill their gap. But they were worried that he would be afraid of them. Why would he though? He was their best friend.

"Should we go ask him now? He looked so sad when we all walk in." Harry said as he looked in the little window that shown Niall with his head down just flipping through his journal. "Do you think he would want to?"

"I do not know, Haz. It cannot hurt to ask, right? I mean he does not seem to care, but I do think we are leaving him out a tad bit. I do miss just hanging around him, but it hurts to know that he might not love us how we love him." Liam said.

"Who is going to ask? I mean he is closer to you Haz." Louis spoke as he pulled Zayn closer to him.

"Why do you say that? He looks up to you the most. You can just see it." Zayn said.

"Well he likes it when you protect him, Zayn." Liam pointed out.

"He likes when you mess with him on stage, Li." Harry replied.

"He loves you four as you love him." The four turned around to see Helen looking at them. "He adores all of you. How can you be a tad bit blind on that? Just ask him. He will say yes."

"How do you know that, Helen?" Louis asked, hopefully that she was telling the truth.

"We have talked several times. He wants to ask you four if he can join, but he is scared that you would say no. He feels like he is a burden to you lads. You are hurting him by not talking to him. He honestly has told me that he feels like he needs to leave the band for you all to be better."

"What? How can he say that?" Liam was shocked. Why would Niall feel like that? They definitely did not want him to leave. They needed to talk to him as soon as possible.

"We need to talk to him now. We cannot lose him, Loves." Zayn said as he glanced towards the blonde as he was writing down in the small book.

"Do it now." Helen pushed the lads towards the door as they all took a deep breath and walked into the room, hoping that would be the last time they walked into a room as a four-way relationship. Hoping they will complete their puzzle.

"Hey Ni. Can we talk to you?" Liam asked as he sat down in front of Niall on the ground.

Niall glanced up looking at his band mates in confusion. "Sure. What's up?" Niall looked at all four of them. They were nervous for some reason. What was going on? Where they going to kick him out of the band? Did they want him to leave? Tears started to form a bit in his eyes at the thought of leaving them, of leaving all of this.

"Niall? Ni. Love? Why are you crying?" Harry asked as he noticed one tear falling from the blonde's blue eyes.

"You want me to leave, right? You want me to quit the band?" Niall asked quietly.

"What? No! Why would we want that?" Liam asked. His heart breaking that Niall thought they wanted that.

Niall looked to see all four of them looking worried, sad and guilt. Why was guilt there? "I just thought since you lads never talk to me anymore. I am sorry."

"No, Love. We are sorry that you think we do not want you. I do. We do. We love you Niall." Zayn said.

"Niall. We were afraid that you did not want us." Harry admitted.

"Wait. What? What do you mean?" Niall was confused. He was hoping they mean they wanted him in their relationship.

"What we mean is that we want you to join us in our relationship. We love you Niall. Sorry that it took us forever to say that. Forgive us on being late." Four eyes watched as a smile form on Niall's face. His blue eyes became bright once more. They have not seen them that bright in months. It was their fault anyways.

"Seriously?" Niall asked.

"Yes, Love." Harry bent over and captured Niall's lips. Their lips moved in sync.

"Leave some for us," Louis pushed Harry away to kiss Niall too. Zayn and Liam followed Louis.

"We have always wanted you, but were scared. Sorry we were late."

"Better late than never."

"So true, Love." Liam kissed Niall's forehead.

Niall was their missing piece. He had never felt more loved and worthy. He was not a burden, now he was their heart.