~𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 26~

chapter 26
———

Nathan's POV

"SIN, WE LOVE YOU!!"

"Keep running!" Jane yelled.

"Where woman, where!?" Isaac asked.

"How did I get myself mixed up in this!?" Emma asked.

"That's what I'm still trying to figure out!" Xena said.

"I have a plan" Jane pulled out a spray can from her purse. "Alright, keep following me by the time I say go, okay?"

"Okay" Sofia said.

"Alright." Jane held up a pen to the can.

"3...2...1...GO!"

Jane stabbed the can, creating a thick fog that quickly came out of the can. She threw it to the right side of the hall before going into Stairway 18, which was in front of us.

Jane motioned us to go in and once we were all in, Jane closed the door.

"Alright....let's take a break" Jane panted.

"What was...the can for?" Isaac asked.

"It was so—" Jane held up her pointed finger to her lips.

"Ugh, where did they go?!"

"How should I know? All I can see is that they got faster and smarter."

"Ugh, If it wasn't for that can, we would've found them by now."

"Come on, let's go look for them."

The loud footsteps passed by the door and the hall soon became quiet again.

We all let out a huge sigh.

"So....you covered up the sound of our tracks...by distracting them with another sound?" Sofia asked.

"Yeah, I realized before that...they're really persistent when it comes to the chases" Jane explained. "So, thanks to all of those chases, I eventually learned how to trick them."

"Anyways, which side of the school are we now?" Emma asked. "I have technology class in....three minutes."

"I think we're near the front of the school" Sofia answered.

"Yeah, our classes aren't far from here

"I have health soon so I think we should go now" Xena suggested.

"Alright, see you guys later in World History" Jane said.

We all exited the stairway and the four of us went the left side of the hall while the other four went to the right. We made it to Algebra class just as Ms. Caravan started writing on the whiteboard.

"Ah, so you can come on time after all" Ms. Caravan mumbled. "Got an excuse this time?"

"The excuse is to mind your business lady" I said.