~𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 11~

chapter 11
———

Nathan's POV
KNOCK! KNOCK!

"Who is it?" I groaned.

"It's Jane. Are you decent?" Jane asked.

I looked down to see myself in black sweats and a white shirt.

"Yeah" I answered.

Jane then opened my door, dressed in a yellow sundress and nude sandals.

"Morning Sin" Jane greeted. "You look like you were enjoying your rest."

"What do you want?" I sighed.

"Well, today is the school carnival and since I have to go...I was wondering if you wanted to come" She explained.

I sighed. "Jane, you know how I am with carnivals and you just woke me up so I don't think I'm in the mood for—"

"I know, I know. But it's just this once" Jane pleaded. "Please? Just for today?"

I groaned again. "Seriously? Alright, I'll go. But I better get twenty dollars after this."

"Got it. I'll be downstairs." Jane walked out of my room, closing the door.

I got out of bed and after a shower, I brush my teeth. I threw on a black hoodie, black jeans, and white sneakers.

"Jane, this better be a one time deal because I'm not—" I stopped mid sentence when I saw the new four at the bottom of the stairs. "Why the hell are they here?"

"Sin, language" Jane whispered. "Miss Lillian is in the kitchen."

"Why are they here though?" I asked again.

"I'm asking the same question" Emma folded her arms.

"So what's so important that you had to text me on a Sunday, Jane?" Isaac asked. "You're lucky I didn't put that chat on silent or else I wouldn't have saw it."

"Well...today is the annual carnival and I was asked by the board to check it out so I could give a report" Jane explained.

"So what does that have to do with us?" Sofia asked.

"I didn't want to go by myself....so I wanted you guys to come with me" Jane finishes.

"So you call me over here, on my daily weekend schedule, to go to a year old carnival surrounded with people?" Emma asked. "That's what you're telling me?"

"Precisely" Jane said.

Emma sighed harshly. "I need to call my parents. Can I borrow someone's phone?"

"Don't you have your own?" Zane asked.

"I asked you a question" Emma repeated sternly.

Isaac sighed before giving Emma his phone. "Just slide left to open the keypad."

Emma nodded. "Is there also a guest room I can use?"

"Not a room but a bathroom, though. Just go right down there." Zane point to the hall next to the stairs.

Emma walked down the hall and I heard the bathroom door close a few seconds after.

"So....do you guys wanna go?" Jane asked.

"Jane, I was planning on getting a few canvases from the store right when you texted me to come over" Isaac said.

"You paint?" Xena asked.

"Only on the days when I'm bored" Isaac answered. "So I was looking forward on buying them today and maybe getting a painting done afterwards."

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. But this is also a one time thing this month" Jane apologized. "Please? I'll buy you the canvases tomorrow if you want."