~𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 65~

chapter 65
———

Third Person POV
"Alright kiddos, are you ready for Spring Break?!" Lillian asked cheerfully, driving to their destination.

"Mmm!"

"Come on, it's not even that early" Lillian said.

"It's not that, Miss Lillian." Jane glanced at everyone in the truck. "We're just having less...cheer today, is all."

"Is it something involving school or something more personal?" Lillian asked.

"Personal" Nathan answered. "At least for a majority of us."

Lillian furrowed her eyebrows, not in confusion but at the uncanny feeling of déjà vu she was experiencing. Not only had she gone through this before, she can hear the amount of discomfort the teens were feeling, even though it was the first day of Spring Break.

"Well, there's no point in dwelling on your emotions forever" Lillian said, parking the car. "Come on, keep your spirits high! It's finally Spring Break, remember? And you'll have lots of fun things to do here, so stay positive!"

Jane cracked a smile. "I guess we are gonna be graduating in a few months. Plus, we don't really have our usual classes anymore so we have more time to focus on the play."

"See? Think positive" Lillian encouraged.

Everyone got out the truck, walking around the right side of the car to see the small, lake house sitting in front of them. It was smaller than the ones the boys went to yet had more rooms and windows and was surrounded by tall trees. The front lawn was completely covered in sand and brick as a small, wooden dock stood high above the blue lake that surrounded the land.

"Another lake house?" Isaac asked. "You guys really love renting houses in woodsy areas, don't you?"

"Actually, this house belongs to us" Lillian corrected. "We used to come here a lot for summer break but I completely hate living in nature."

"Yes, we know quite well."

Lillian turned around to the sound of her husband as he walked up to the group, a cigarette hanging in between his lips. He was dressed in black sweats and a black t-shirt, his black tattoos covering his toned muscles, as his jaw length hair hung down his head.

"Loaf, what're you doing here? I thought you had taxes to pay" Lillian asked.

Aiden puffed some smoke.

"I do, but I decided to take a few days off" Aiden answered. "Besides, we both know you can't chaperone quietly."

Lillian scowled before walking up to him, snatching the cigarette out of his mouth and stomping on it once it hit the ground.

"Seriously? I just lit that, ya know?" Aiden said.

"You're not supposed to be smoking, ya know?" Lillian mocked. "Have some decency for once, will ya? There are kids watching."

"Mom, we're adults—"

"You, hush" Lillian cut Nathan off.

"So, now you complain?" Aiden rolled his eyes. "You really are a Lilith."

"Call me Lilith again and I will wax you like I did Adonis" Lillian glared at him.

"Oh, you're threatening me now?" Aiden smirked, an evil glint in his eyes. "Wanna fix that before I do?"

"Fuck you" Lillian cursed.

"Welp, you chose violence." Aiden grabbed Lillian, throwing her over his shoulders like she weighed nothing.

Twisted DeceptionOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara