~𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 20~

chapter 20
———

Nathan's POV
DIIIIIING!

"Don't forget to read pages five through nine tonight" Mr. Lockhart reminded us.

Everyone walked out of first period and Jane, the boys and I went to our lockers.

"I'm so glad Vanessa isn't here today" Jane sighed.

"We all are" Zane agreed. "Her and the Vice give me a sick feeling in my stomach."

I looked slightly to my left to see Emma walk passed us with a book hugged to her chest.

"Looks like Emma's back to going to class earlier than usual" Zane said. "I would've thought she liked not going to class on time."

"She obviously doesn't" Lucas said.

"Welp, can't change someone who doesn't want to change" Zane shrugged.

"Hey, give that back!"

"Not a chance."

I turned back to the right to see Emma reaching for a book that was currently in Tod's hand. Michael and Hoten were behind him.

"Look, I don't know what I did to you but I just want my book returned back to me now" Emma said.

"What if I don't wanna give it back, huh?" Tod taunted. "You gonna do something about it."

Emma glared at him.

"What's a nobody like you gonna do?" Tod taunted. "Punch me? Slap me?"

"I don't have time for this right now. Just give me back my book!" Emma demanded.

Emma reached behind Tod to grab the book but Tod roughly pushed her back into the lockers, making Jane tense up.

"She really thought she could touch it!" Tod laughed.

"Let's see if you got any other surprises" Hoten laughed.

Hoten went to grab Emma's bag on her shoulder and Emma kept a firm grab on it.

"Hey, stop!" Emma pleaded.

"Give me the bag!" Hoten demanded.

"Stop, you're going to rip it!" Emma warned.

"Give it to me!" Hoten yelled.

"NO!" Emma snatched her bag out of Hoten's hands. "I really want to go to class now so I'm asking you to please give me my book back!"

"Then, take it from me!" Tod demanded.

Sofia then snatched the book from his hand.

"You really should find a different hobby" Sofia sighed. "Because this is pathetic."

Tod turned towards Sofia. "Give it to me!"

"It's not yours" Sofia told him.

"So what? You gonna get in my way because of it?" Tod asked.