~𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 30~

chapter 30
———

Nathan's POV
"Wait, WHAT?!" Jane yelled.

"It's exactly as you heard it, Jane" Mom spoke. "Asher and Arya have planned their wedding to be in the next two weeks."

"They're doing it on New Years Eve?" Jane asked. "Why New Years Eve of all things?"

"It's so we can see the fireworks" Zane answered. "Hey, at least it's not on Christmas."

"I'm glad for that at least" Jane mumbled. "But that means wearing dresses in the cold. Who wears a dress when it's cold?"

"I did at one point, but that's not the topic" Mom mumbled. "They decided that a week before the wedding, the girls would stay at a relaxing area of choice while the boys go over to another relaxing area to relax."

"Okay, but what's the theme fir the wedding?" Nora asked.

"It's winter wonderland so from the colors I saw on the list, go with lilac....royal blue....white....and dark purple for dresses" Mom said. "As for men, go with white, grey, and black suits."

"That's it?!" Zane asked. "No bachelor or bachelorette party!?"

"Why do you think we're separating, silly?" Mom flicked Zane's forehead. "Weddings in this family can't start without the bachelor and bachelorette parties."

"Mom, just promise me one thing" I said. "Do not let anyone drink anything besides the drinks provided. No more mishaps, especially with Arya."

"Got it" Mom reassured. "Now that you're all caught up, I think you should all start shopping early."

"Shopping? Again?!" Zane groaned.

"Yes, again." Mom walked over to her purse, taking out some cash. "I'm giving you four fifty dollars each while Nora and Normani get twenty. If you have money left over, give it to me or buy something small, okay?"

"Wait, Norm's coming with?" Nora asked.

"Of course" Mom answered. "Now, is that clear?"

"Crystal, Ms. L" Lucas said.

"Good, now move it slowpokes" Mom said. "I have to leave too, ya know?"

"Wait, but I'm not in good clothes yet" Jane pleaded.

Mom eyed her. "You look fine to me now hurry it up."

———

"Man, I can't believe we have to shop this early in the morning" Zane whined. "I didn't even get time to fix my hair."

"It looks fine, just ruffle it a bit and you're ready to go" Jane suggested.

"Where do I even go to buy this stuff?" I asked, swerving into another lane.

"The mall obviously" Normani answered. "We get everything from there."

"But where do we start looking?" Zane asked.

"That, I don't know" Jane mumbled. "But...I think I may know someone who might."

Jane took out her phone.