~𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 27~

chapter 27
———

Nathan's POV
"Nathan, come eat some food" Mom said.

I walked downstairs and went into the kitchen for my bowl of chicken stew. Once I was done pouring, I took the seat between Nora and Mom.

"Lucas, your Algebra teacher gave me a call yesterday, about your tutoring" Mom stated.

I heard a small groan come from Lucas.

"Needless to say, I'm disappointed but not surprised" Mom continued. "So because you're getting tutoring for the rest of the year, I expect you to stay up to date with your sessions, okay?"

"Yes, Ms. L" Lucas answered.

Mom sighed before putting her spoon down, threading her fingers together as she put her elbows on the table. She eyed down Lucas the way an eagle stalks it's prey, watching his every move, while keeping a straight face in the process.

"Lucas, I need you to be honest with me" Mom said. "How long ago did your teacher tell you about your tutoring?"

"...Since two days ago" Lucas answered.

"Are you sure it was two days ago?" Mom asked.

"Maybe three" Lucas mumbled.

"Lucas, your teacher first called me on a Monday" Mom explained. "It's been two weeks since that call."

"Ooh, you got caught" Zane whispered.

Lucas glared at him.

"Since you can't take this serious enough to even decide when you were going to start your session, I went ahead and made the start date for you" Mom explained. "Emma will be over soon."

"What?!" Lucas asked.

"You and I both know that I don't wanna have to deal with your teachers. That said, if it's something involving your grades, then you know that you're the only one who can change that" Mom explained. "So, until you can prove to me that you can manage yourself, Emma will be the one keeping you and your assignments in check."

Lucas turned away from her, glaring down at the table with grit teeth.

I put down my spoon, getting up from the table with my bowl. Jane had also gotten up with her bowl.

"Are you two taking seconds?" Mom asked.

"Yes, Miss Lillian" Jane answered.

"I wasn't that hungry so I'm full" I answered.

DIING!

"Oh, that must be her" Mom said.

I walked over to the door and opened it to see Emma and Sofia in front of it.

Emma was now dressed in a red turtleneck, black leggings with brown boots as her grey book bag hung on her shoulders. Sofia had on a grey hoodie with a denim jacket over it, black ripped jeans and grey, high top sneakers that had white and black on it.