~𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 42~

chapter 42
———

Third Person POV
Emma ran down the stairs of her house, dressed in the work uniform she was given. With Erai at work that morning and Tony at home, this gave Emma the perfect time to go.

Emma threw her on a thin, white coat and put her new phone in her red bag.

"Wow, you're in a hurry, aren't you?" Tony asked. "Don't you wanna have some mac and cheese first before you go?"

"Ooh, I wish I could but I really have to go now so just save me some when I come back, okay Dad?" Emma asked. "Oh, I almost forgot to tell you."

"Tell me what?" Tony asked.

Emma smiled ear to ear. "I got my first official job yesterday."

"Really?!" Tony asked.

"Mhm" Emma nodded. "I work on the weekends from nine to six and I earn twelve dollars an hour so I'll be able to help you and Mom out whenever I can."

"I'm so proud of you, hun!" Tony went up to Emma and gave her a big hug, which she gladly returned.

"Thanks, Dad. Anyways, I have to go now" Emma said. "But could you not tell Mom about this when she comes home from work? I don't need her stressing anymore than she has to."

"I'll be sure to" Tony reassured, smiling.

KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!

Emma opened her house door to see Jane and Sofia standing by it.

"Good morning, Emma" Jane greeted. "Are you all set?"

"Mhm" Emma hummed.

"Oh, and good morning to you too...uhh..." Jane added.

"Oh right, I haven't introduced you guys yet." Emma cleared her throat. "Girls, this is my Dad. Dad, these are just two out of my five associates at school."

"It's okay to call them your friends, Eminem" Tony shook his head. "But yes, I'm Emma father. But you can call me Tony."

"It's good to finally meet you, Mister Tony" Jane greeted.

Sofia looked down at her phone. "It's eight fifty now."

"Alright, we have to go now" Emma said. "Bye, Dad. I love you!"

"I love you too, hun!" Tony said back.

The girls finally went outside and Emma closed the door before hopping into Nathan's car.

"What took you so long?" Lucas asked.

"Sorry guys. I had to tell my Dad about my job last minute" Emma sighed. "Plus, he just finished making the mac and cheese so I'm upset about that one."

"Don't worry, you'll still have it later" Zane reassured. "Anyways, let's get out of here."

As Nathan drove off, Emma looked back at her house, giving it a small smile.

———

"Once again, you guys surprise me by how perfectly timed your arrivals are" Ma said. "So, what do you guys want to do first?"

"Hmm....I say the boys start cleaning the tables while we get the kitchen started" Sofia suggested.

"Uh no, let Ma decide who she wants" Nathan said.

Sofia stuck her tongue out at him.

"Don't forget about the music" Xena added. "We need music."

"As for the food, I wanna add something" Isaac suggested.