~𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 53~

chapter 53
———

Nathan's POV
"Shit!" Jane cursed.

"What?" I asked.

"I forgot that all teachers have to go to a workshop today" Jane answered. "So, no students need to come to school."

"Are you serious?!" Zane asked. "You forgot something as important as that?! You could've saved me the trouble of having to wake up."

"I'm sorry, I forgot~" Jane whined.

"Ugh, whatever." Zane pulled out his phone.

I made a right turn into the school's parking lot before backing out of it to turn back the way I came.

"Well, since there's no school, do you guys have any plans?" Jane asked.

"Gaming with Xena" Zane answered.

"What?! Since when did you start making plans with Xena?" Jane asked.

"Since today" Zane answered.

Jane squinted her eyes at him. "Well, since you're planning to hang out with Xena, I guess I should step it up too."

"Step what up?" Lucas groaned.

"Oh, you're awake" Jane mumbled. "Well, since Zane is snagging Xena today, I'm gonna snag Isaac for the day as well."

"You do that" Lucas groaned. "That gives me some peace and quiet from you maniacs."

"Oh, you know you love us" Zane argued.

"Whatever" Lucas rolled his eyes. "Let's just get this over with so I can get back home."

"So, our house then to Sofia and Isaac's?" I asked.

"Yeah" Jane answered.

Soon, I made it back to our house, allowing Lucas and I to get out. Once he was inside the house, I grabbed my motorcycle and drove away once more to Sofia and Isaac's house while Zane took the driver's seat.

I parked in front of the diner just as a black, transit bus stopped across the street. Zane then parked my car behind me.

I looked through the diner's windows to see Sofia and Isaac standing behind a counter next to Mrs. Steinlidge as a blonde, short haired woman who looked to be the same height as Mrs. Steinlidge stood in front of them. They were all mouthing words but I couldn't make due with what they were saying.

"Wow, business really does carry on here!" Jane said as she rolled down her side window.

"Obviously" Zane rolled his eyes.

I turned to look across the street to see Emma and Xena walking across the street.

"Oh right, Isaac's mom is taking Emma to get her eyes checked" Jane mumbled. "And Emma said she can't see well so Xena came to take her here and since she's hanging out with Zane, that makes the trip easier."

Sofia suddenly looked behind the counter and she walked towards the door, the rest of them behind her.

"Good morning, Emma, Xena" Sofia smiled.