~𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 10~

chapter 10
———

Nathan's POV
It was seven fifty in the morning when I woke up and now it's eight.

After getting out of the shower, I put on a white shirt and black jeans and topped it with a black hoodie with my white sneakers.

Where the hell did I put my keys? Or did that little shit snag it when I wasn't looking?

"Looking for this?"

I turned to see Nora in my door frame, smirking as she swung my keys on her finger.

She was dressed in a short sleeved shirt that had pink and white stripes, a blue short skirt and white sneakers. A black hairband sat on top of her hair as black flower stud earrings stuck in her ears.

"You little shit" I grumbled.

"Wow, no thank you for picking up the keys you dropped on the way to the door?" Nora asked. "That's cold."

"You want something from me, don't you?" I asked.

"Glad you figured it out." She threw the keys over to me. "Lori called me yesterday to say that Dad wants me over at Scarlet Rose for a rearranging of something so you have to drop me off."

"Do she know how long of a drive it is from NorthPort to SouthPort?" I asked. "Two and a half hour drive is not gonna work for me today."

"That's what I told her" Nora said. "So she said to just drop me off at Bookville Shopping Mall."

"At the parking lot or in the store?" I asked.

"The parking lot" Nora answered.

I sighed. "I guess I could work with that. Did you tell Mom about it?"

"Oh right, Mom's coming with me too" Nora answered. "Dad said something about...something involving Mom."

"It's another business meeting, sweetheart" Mom's loud voice said from her room. "So Nathan, you'll be dropping both of us off."

"...What about the other three?" I asked. "You're gonna leave them here?"

"They're old enough to stay home, you know?" Mom came into view in my door frame. "Besides, it's not like either one of you like accompanying me or your father on business meetings anyways so there should be no problem."

Mom wore a white long sleeved collar shirt with the flaps of the wrist folded, long black pants that matched her coat and black heels as her brown hair was tied up in a bun behind her head.

"Alright Mom, I'd love to sit here and chat but don't you have the meeting at ten?" Nora asked.

"Yeah and?" Mom asked.

"Lori told me to arrive at the mall around nine twenty but it's already eight ten so we have to hurry" Nora said.

"Mhm" Mom hummed. "Okay, let's go you two. Also, don't forget your shades."

"Oh, I almost forgot those." Nora ran out of my room and came back quickly with her black sunglasses and a bunny side bag. "Nat, where's yours?"

"They're in my pocket." I locked my room door and then put my sunglasses on.

With no time to waste, we went outside. But not before Mom left a note on the fridge.

———

"Did she tell you where she was?" I asked.

"She said to just park somewhere in front of the mall" Nora answered.