~𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 91~

chapter 91
———

Nathan's POV
Dinner finally came by and now, everyone was seated at the biggest round table ever bought in our dining room.

The maids then silently placed our dinner in front of us.

"Ooh, this looks new" Arya said, tapping on her now fully visible baby bump.

"It's one of Valentino's favorite recipes" Rowen explained. "Bacon and lamb stuffed lasagna topped with his signature bolognese sauce."

"Shh, the show's about to start" Adonis shushed the two, starting to drink his champagne.

I looked over to the right end of the table as we all started to eat. Dad, however, poked at his food while Mom side glared him, not even touching hers.

"Alright, cut the shit, Griffin" Mom ordered. "You said wait until dinner, well guess what? It's dinner."

Dad sucked in a breath. "I won't stall."

"You're starting to stall by saying that" Mom clarified. "Out with it!"

Dad sighed.

"...Do you remember the device that was found in Nathan's friend's bow?"

"Emma, yes."

"Well, while I was working in my office this morning, Adonis got confirmation from Zack that it was in fact a tracking device. I also received...an anonymous voice mail."

Mom raised an eyebrow.

"They told me that....the device had been fresh when it started blinking, but the location of our house had been located. They added that if I cared enough about my family, I would move them out the second I heard their message."

"So, that's why you were in a rush" Asher pointed out.

Dad nodded.

"How did this person find out your work number in the first place?" Mom asked.

"Probably from one of his business cards" Adonis shrugged. "We do give them out from time to time."

"Either way, I didn't have time to track down the phone's location" Dad shook his head. "However, from the way they spoke, I have reason to believe it's 'The Hellraiser'."

"Huh? Who's that?" Jane asked.

"Well, that's what people are starting to call the mystery criminal" Mom answered. "They're the same person that saved Nathan and Rowen all those years ago."

"Oh, you mean the one that brought Sin to the hospital?" Jane asked.

"Exactly."

"From what I heard, 'The Hellraiser' has been a slippery, maniac criminal since Rowen was around fifteen" Adonis pointed out. "Other than that, I can't find anything specific about them. Not even their damn gender."

"To think that someone so young would be so hard to find out about" Alex said. "Not to mention, good at what they do. Frankly, I'm jealous."

"So you're saying 'The Hellraiser' was willing to help us escape without revealing a single detail that could us figure out who they are?!" Aunt Trinity asked.

"Yes" Dad answered. "As far as this goes, they were our only source of information."

"Now, one question remains" Asher pointed out. "Are they an ally or an enemy?"