~𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 21~

chapter 21
———

Nathan's POV
"Mom, we're home!" I said.

"Oh, welcome back children. Now, come here and help me fold your laundry" Mom instructed as she picked up what looked to be a bedsheet.

"Laundry?" Lucas grimaced.

"Is there a problem?" Mom asked innocently.

"N-No Ma'am" Lucas said quickly.

I walked over and sat down on Mom's right while Jane sat on her left on the long couch. Lucas and Zane sat on the floor as Mom gave us each a basket with warm clothes in them.

"Each of them have your clothes in it so get to it" Mom instructed.

I grabbed the blue basket with my clothes in it and started folding.

"Hey Mom?" I called out.

"Yes?" She asked.

"You know the person I always visit, right?" I asked.

"You have to visit them today again?" She asked.

"Yeah" I answered.

"You have been visiting them for an awful lot these days" Mom said. "Are they really special to you?"

"Mom, I know what you're doing" I told her.

"What? I was just asking" Mom defended.

I shook my head. "But yes, they are important to me. Just as you guys are."

"So....is it a girl?" Mom asked.

"Nice try, but I'm not telling you either" I smirked.

"Aw, man" Mom mumbled. "Could you at least tell me when I could see them?"

"One day, Mom" I answered. "One day."

Mom rolled her eyes. "Yeah, one day meaning never. So, when are you leaving?"

"I was planning on leaving right around the time I dropped those three here" I answered. "But since you asked me to fold these, I might leave afterwards."

"Alright" Mom said. "Come back by eight, okay? And if any injuries occur on the way, you better call me, alright?"

"Okay, Mom" I answered.

"Good" Mom finished. "Also, Lucas, are you still trying to fold that blanket?"

"It's not my fault it doesn't want to fold" Lucas defended.

"You're right. It's not your fault" Zane snickered. "It's the fact that you don't know how to fold it."

"Are you picking a fight with me right now?" Lucas asked.

"I don't know, are you gonna struggle with that too?" Zane chuckled. "Or is it that you don't know how to fight?"

"Just you wait, I'm gonna knock the lights right out of you" Lucas mumbled.