~𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 13~

chapter 13
———

Nathan's POV
"Hey, where's Jane?" Zane asked as Algebra class began.

"Didn't she say something about an office meeting with the Vice?" Lucas whispered.

"Yeah" I answered. "Must be something important."

BEEEP~~~

"WILL THE FOLLOWING STUDENTS REPORT TO ROOM 125, wherever that is, AT THIS TIME?" The Vice's voice spoke. "SIN, LUCAS, ZANE, SOFIA, ISAAC, XENA....AND EMMA."

I looked at the guys to see them giving me the same look.

We got up from our seats and exited the class.

"I think it's this way" Lucas pointed to the right end of the hall from where our class is.

"Wait, isn't Room 125 on the ground floor? Where all those other abandoned rooms are?" Lucas asked.

"Yeah, which is why I'm confused" I answered.

"Why?" Zane asked.

"The only way to get to the ground floor is through Stairway 14 but isn't that door locked?" I asked.

Lucas went up to the grey door with the number '14' on it. He pulled on the handle but stopped midway when the door opened with ease.

"Not anymore, I guess" Lucas said.

"Well...that isn't coincidental at all" Zane mumbled.

"This door gives me major anxiety for some reason" Lucas said. "I can just feel it in my stomach."

"Nah, maybe it's that chicken sandwich from last night finally digesting" Zane chuckled.

Lucas rolled his eyes. "Real mature."

Lucas entered the stairway first. Zane went to go in second but then he stopped.

"Yo, Sin?" Zane called.

"What?" I asked.

"Don't tell me you're scared, too" Zane said.

"It's not exactly fear I'm feeling..." I reassured. "...but—"

"...But what?" Zane asked.

"I don't know, but...I have a feeling that this is way different from what we're supposed to suspect" I said.

"Man, stop listening to your brain so we can get this over with" Zane grumbled. "Geez, you both overthink too much."

We walked down the grey tunnel until we exited through the exit door.

"Okay, this is Room...120." Zane looked at the classroom that was right in front of us. "So if we keep going right, we should be getting close."

We walked to the right and waited until Zane stopped counting.

"Here it is" Zane said, pointing to the brown door in front of us. "Why's the light on?"