~𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 32~

chapter 32
———

Nathan's POV
"Don't you think Vanessa and her group have been quiet lately?" Zane asked.

"Yeah, I didn't see them around the school today" Jane said. "But that's probably for the best. So, what are you guys gonna do for Christmas?"

"The usual" Sofia shrugged. "Then, after that—"

"The wedding, got it" Jane cut her off. "Speaking of that, did you girls pack your day and night clothes?"

"Of course" Sofia answered.

"I still can't believe you guys agreed to this so easily" Jane added. "I would've thought you had plans with your families."

"Honestly, everything gets boring when you stay home after a while" Isaac shrugged. "Plus, Mom is always telling me to be more active and shit so consider this a start."

"What about you two?" Jane asked.

Xena shrugged. "I was planning to call off from work before you even called me so I was obviously gonna be free. So instead of staying home, why not spend it on a wedding?"

"Emma?" Jane called out.

Emma stuffed her mouth with a big container filled with smarties, saying nothing.

"Okay?" Jane said. "Let's just leave it at that for now."

Xena breathed out as her breath turned into white fog. "It's getting cold again."

"Alright, we should get going" Jane said. "Oh, just to let you guys know, the party takes place the day after Christmas so get your things ready before nighttime."

"Got it" Sofia nodded.

DIIIING!

"Well, see you guys soon!" Jane waved the other four off.

We walked to my car in the parking lot and I finally drove away.

———

"I'm still having second thoughts about this" Lucas spoke.

"I'm scared too but I'm willing to trust Ms. L's judgement" Zane argued. "I mean, Ms. L has more of it than all of us combined."

"I'm also willing to hear how Miss Lillian is gonna strategize the way we handle the wedding, considering there will be others besides our family" Jane added.

"Whatever Ms. L does, I'm trusting her no matter what" Zane said. "So, don't act like soiled underpants, Dirt breath."

"Just when I thought you couldn't come up with anything less pathetic. Good job, Eggs for brains" Lucas compliments.

"Thank you. Hey, wait a second!" Zane spoke.

"You two, this is not the time for this" Jane said. "Now that we have everything settled, let's start wrapping the presents."

"What?" Lucas asked.

"Yeah, we're giving the other four Christmas gifts" Jane clarified. "But I'd say give it to them later tonight so it's even more special."

"What's the point of this again?" Lucas asked.

"We're being nice to them" Zane rolled his eyes.

"I wish you did something so nice for me back then" Nora added.

"What have you given us besides a headache?" Lucas asked.

"My love and affection" Nora pouted.

"Not enough" Lucas snickered.