~𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 76~

chapter 76
———

Third Person POV
"...That's your overall plan?!" Isaac asked.

"Mhm" Sofia nodded. "We already completed step one, using our crowd as a cover. By provoking Vanessa and her group, we now have a cover so we can follow up to step two."

"You're really sure we can do this?" Jane asked.

"...It's not completely thought out, but I think it'll work if we do our plans out of order" Sofia defended. "Until we take it this step by step as carefully as possible, there's a high chance that our prom and graduation will be foiled."

"Sounds pretty thought out to me" Lucas argued.

"Sofia, you scheming son of a bitch! I'm in!" Zane agreed.

"Didn't know you had the brain of a reckless genius, brat" Nathan smirked. "You could count me in, too!"

Isaac sighed. "That brain of yours honestly scares me. But since it's the best one to stick with in times like this, I guess I'm in, too."

"How many steps are there?" Jane asked.

"In total, three" Sofia answered. "We also can't skip over the step parts. They're the most important. So far, we already completed step one."

"So, what's step two?" Emma asked.

———

STEP 2: GATHER EVIDENCE

"MS. FRANCESCA!!" Jane ran into the office as if her life depended on it, making it as believable as possible.

"Ugh, annoying bitch" Ms. Francesca grumbled. "Didn't I tell you not to annoy me?!"

"But it's urgent!" Jane said. "A-A few students are planning to rad you out to their parents! Even worse, if they do, you could get fired!"

Ms. Francesca's eyes widened. "WHERE ARE THEY?!"

"I saw them run down to the gymnasium. They're probably in the parking lot by now" Jane innocently answered.

Ms. Francesca got up from her chair, speed walking out of her office as her heels clicked violently against the ground as she got ready to threaten the students.

What Ms. Francesca hadn't realized was that she was so much in a hurry that she had left her office door wide open. Usually, she would lock her door if she had to leave to go scold some students. But since she was so occupied on that detail, she unknowingly gave Jane enough time and access to her files.

Jane unnoticeably slipped into the office with Sofia and Xena with her, closing the door and reaching behind her desk.

"That was the worst performance I have ever seen" Sofia shook her head.

"It's no wonder Zane said you can't keep a secret" Xena added. "You can't even lie."

"Guys, focus on that later" Jane suggested. "We are on a mission!"

"Yeah, sure" Sofia scoffed.

"If I was the vice principal, where would I hide evidence?" Jane mumbled.

They all looked through Ms. Francesca's files in each of the grey drawers, seeing if they could find some dirt.

"Seriously?! Nothing?!" Jane harshly mumbled. "Come on, I know the students have made complaints before. Did she maybe throw them away?"