~𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 12~

chapter 12
———

Nathan's POV
"I can't believe both of you were tied" Jane said. "She's that good?"

"Sofia actually came closer to winning if it wasn't for this jackass driver almost bumping into her" Zane laughed.

"Honestly, that was a good game" I shrugged. "I just know what to expect next time."

"I'm surprised you're not pissed at her" Zane added.

"Why would I be?" I asked.

"Well, she said she'll beat you at the game and she did beat you at it" Zane explained. "Plus, no one even challenges you in games so I thought you'd be pissed."

I raised my eyebrow at him.

"Never mind, it's not important" Zane shook his head.

"Stop talking so damn loud" Lucas groaned.

"Oh, has sleeping beauty finally awoken from her slumber?" Zane taunted.

"Did you just call me a her?" Lucas eyes shot open quickly.

"I see your energy has returned" Zane snickered.

"Don't change the fucking subject" Lucas said.

"Hey, we're in a car you two" Jane added. "Behave."

I roll my eyes.

We finally got to the school parking lot and the first thing I saw was the large crowd in front of the school.

"Someone like you needs to be taught a lesson about who's the one with power here."

"If you think taunting me is making you powerful, then you've probably never heard of a one sided conversation because you're just talking to yourself at this point."

"What's happening over there?" Jane asked.

"Don't know but imma wanna find out." Zane rushed out of the car.

"Zane!" Jane whined, running after him.

I got out afterwards and Lucas was behind me. Looking ahead, I saw how Zane stopped running and just stood behind the people in front of him. Jane did the same.

I caught up with the two. "Why'd you stop?"

"No way" Zane mumbled.

Their eyes looked straight ahead and only focused there so I turned to see what they were looking at.

In front of us was a male shouting at a female. The male kind of looked to be Zane's height. He had blonde hair and was dressed in the school uniform.

So this must be Adrian.

"Is it me or does Adrian just get uglier by the year?" Jane asked.

"Nah, he was always ugly" Lucas shrugged. "The girls he fucked were just on acid when they thought he was cute."

"But who's that girl he's yelling at?" Zane asked.

I looked to the girl that Adrian was talking to. She was also dressed in a navy blue hoodie, black jeans, and brown boots. Her short, black hair slightly flowed with the wind while she had a hand on her hip.

Wait, short black hair?

"Is that—Sofia!?" Jane asked.

"Why would a bitch like you even be breathing in their air?" Adrian asked. "Do you think you're popular now?"