@IA-AriaOnThePlanetes

Hey. Hey you. Guess who just sent me an awesome rant?

MASSIVE THANX TO IA-AriaOnThePlanetes FOR SUBMITTING THIS AMAZING RANT! You should check out her profile, she's so awesome. And I mean that, I REALLY mean that. Maybe even... Follow her O.o

Anyway, she said:

So many people only get so many votes when they update, like 10 times daily. When in reality, they update so quick that they don't look back at their work to fix their errors, and they even have a horribly, shitty cliché story.

They reach 1000 votes and automatically think they're popular and unfollow everyone except for 2 people. All those votes just because they updated their shitty, cliché story a lot. This really angers me because people who actually put effort into their writing don't really get noticed because they don't update as often as those shitty writers. And this happens so much.

I could hug you right now!

That is so accurate, that... Well, it's just accurate.

We can all agree that each time you update you get a number of votes (depending on the number of reads) and the only way to get a lot of votes quickly is to update quickly. W.R.O.N.G.

Well, I suppose that is a way but it's a horrible way!

You should just work hard to earn votes and update whenever you feel is right. (But! Don't leave it too long as then you'll lose readers. I suggest a week or so.)

Oh my, isn't life confusing?

Obviously there'll be a day when you-

• Can't be bothered to update (like, REALLY can't)

• Are too busy (with homework, family/friends, etc.)

• And other reasons

But you don't have to leave it ages. Jus' sayin'.

Continuing...

Updating 10 times at once just to get more reads/votes sounds really selfish - because it is. Is that really all you care about? People clicking a little button? You know, that doesn't always mean they enjoyed your story. For me, voting has become a habit to do on every chapter! (But I won't vote unless I really do hate it... Or you... Although I don't hate random people over the internet. Unless you did something to me to make me hate you). However, don't assume I only vote because it's a habit - usually I really will mean it!

*gasps for breath*

Now I have my own rant!

Isn't it so frustrating when you click on a story with... 300 reads for example, and it looks good, has a few votes and comments etc. and then WHAM! There's only one or two chapters published. And they're both short.

Here's me, getting excited for your short ass story and then you go and smack me in the face?! WITH TWO CHAPTERS?! WHICH WERE UPDATED THREE MONTHS AGO?!

?!?!?!?!?!?!?

#LosingHopeInHumanity #OMG #3MonthsAgo??

Well, I guess you could say that's just my opinion.

*~*

A/N: books in my library (which I actually read whenever they update):

Let's Rant by ginawriter

Wattpad's Dirty Little Secrets by imploding-hearts

The 2nd Book of Wattpad Moments by AwKwardhoMschooler (I also read the first - a.m.a.z.i.n.g.)

Girls Only by niallerzprincezzz (so relatable!)

Growing Up my cold_lady19 (one of the best stories on Wattpad)

There may be a few more but that's all I can think of now!

Thank You all a trillion million zillion billion villion sillion yillion for reading this book! I am so utterly grateful for every single vote, comment and read and I want you all to know...

THANK YOU!

Jadey