@unorthodoxxx

@unorthodoxxx submitted an amazing rant that I'd like to share with you!

And by the way, if you've shared a rant with me through PM or in the comments (I know many of you have) and it hasn't been published yet, PLEASE message it to me again. I'm afraid that if you don't, you can not have your rant published. This is because so many of you have submitted rants and now I can't remember who wants me to add them!

Anyways, here is what she wrote:

Critique accounts. DEAR LORD. It seems like a good idea at first, but then a majority of them end up being straight-up rude. What bothers me most of all is when they critique without you asking them to. If I wanted your so-called expert opinion, I would've asked for it. I love getting feedback, but if you're going to comment things like 'This is really dark and creepy' when it's a HORROR story, I'm going to ask you to stop reading. Just because it's not your genre, that doesn't permit you to be obnoxious. And if you're going to create a critique account, give HELPFUL comments. Just saying 'this is good' or 'this seriously sucks' isn't helpful to anyone. Point out the specifics; compliment the writer on what they did successfully, and give suggestions as to where they can improve. Everyone's entitled to their own opinions, but you don't see me going on people's stories writing nasty comments. These people and accounts irritate me greatly. Ugh.

Don't you agree? Critique accounts are a good idea and I'm glad people want to help improve others' work - but nowadays people are just getting naaaaasty.

What? You think saying this story sucks is a good critique? PAH!

Are you fucking BLIND!? Critiquing is telling them how to IMPROVE their work. Showing them the GOOD and BAD points carefully. Why do I capitalize the words improve, good and bad? So you can understand me :)

This rant is going nowhere, fast.

I have not the slightest clue what to write next so I'm just gonna say...

It's annoying. Very annoying so DO. NOT. DO IT.

Instead, just write your own rant linked to that one in the comments so I can read them and laugh!

***

I PUBLISHED THE SEQUEL TO 'SCHOOL TRIP CHAINSAW GAMES' PLEASE CHECK IT OUT!

Well that FAILED EPICLY. DA fuuuuu is wrong with me? I can't rant properly at the moment, I'm having a case of writers block I think...