@xxRainStarxx

(Please read A/N at the end)

Guess who's back?

Uggghhh, I have so much revising to do over this half term. Everyday I have to revise revise revise.

Anyway, @xxRainStarxx submitted this awesome rant which I absolutely agree on! THANK YOU RAINSTAR! I REALLY APPRECIATE IT! I hope you all enjoy what Star had to say! (Wow, sorry I keep shortening your username).

Rainy wrote:

I hate when so many things happen all at once, you know? Like slow down a little, don't have so much still happening. I read a book once and in like, the second chapter, like 2 people try and commit suicide, the girl is kidnapped, and then rescued. I can say this because this book was deleted and I read it a very long time ago.

But like, slow down. I know it can be exciting to have a lot of things happening, but slow your roll people. Also, I hate when so many characters are popping up at once. Like, it's okay for Warrior Cats Fan Fictions (like what I write about) because there is a specific list of all the characters and its expected to have so many, but when you are writing a regular book, try and not have so many significant characters popping out of nowhere.

It's so hard to keep track of what's happening and all the characters if things happen too fast. Like Rainy said, slooooooooooooooooow down. I hate having to go back a couple chapters just to find out who Vanessa is or whatever.

And save all the excitement till later! You can't have a really exciting beginning and then the rest of the story has nothing happening. Hold onto the massive surprise or dilemma until the time is right and you can spring it on your readers. That'll hook 'em. Otherwise you'll just get people deleting your book from their library - and you don't want that!

***

Guys! I came across this awesome person called @HelpfulCritique and like her username suggests, she is REALLY helpful! She's currently writing this book called 'Writer's Guide - For Everyone' and from just the first chapter you can tell she knows what she's talking about!

If you have any struggles with writing, that book is for you! However, she hasn't written much yet so if you need help with something specific you'll probably have to PM her. Still, PLEASE go and check out her profile - not for her sake, but your own!

Thank you so much for reading, and thank you SO much @xxRainStarxx! I hope you all enjoyed that chapter and I'll see you again soon for another one!

Remember to submit any rants you want in this book by PM and check out @HelpfulCritique 's profile!

Jadey