My Heart Hurt

Bright's POV

"What is a closed subject?" Arthit asks in his Hazer voice.

All I can focus on is N'Maprang holding Kammon's hand. Did my friends bring me back to witness this? I look over at Oak being set down by Knott, and I can tell the second he sees it too. We were both idiots to come back.

"Seems like you have something to discuss with the nongs," I smile as I clap Arthit on the back. "I missed lunch. N'Oak and I will go get something to eat."

Tutah and Prem are blocking my way, and I notice that N'Tew and N'Jett have stopped N'Oak from leaving also.

"Good try," Tutah flicks my forehead, "But you need to hear things first before you wander off again."

"What is so damn important that we need to be here?" N'Oak yells at Knott, who has grabbed N'Oak by the collar. I grin. The nong has balls to yell at the giant. I should know. He packs a punch.

"Oak, behave," N'Maprang scolds as she looks around the canteen and back at Kammon. It is after lunch, but there are still quite a few students here. "Can we go to the meeting room?" N'Maprang asks Arthit.

Arthit looks at Knott, who nods.

"Ok," Arthit agrees.

"Come on," N'Maprang drags Kammon with her, "Everyone."

Knott drags N'Oak along behind the other nongs, and Tutah throws an arm over my shoulder.

"It is not as bad as you think," Tutah tells me as we walk. "Promise."

"Delete the video," I growl.

"Hell, no," Tutah laughs. "But this will all work out."

"Yeah," I frown, looking at N'Maprang holding Kammon's hand. "I can tell that." Kammon didn't even look at me, and he is letting Maprang lead him about. So yeah, I have no doubt this will work out...for them.

We walk into the meeting room, and I watch as Kammon stands behind N'Maprang's chair

We walk into the meeting room, and I watch as Kammon stands behind N'Maprang's chair. Tutah keeps motioning me to sit in a chair next to him, but I shake my head. I would rather stand.

"You said we had to talk," N'Oak looks at Arthit. "About what?"

"Maprang," N'Prae says as she elbows her friend. "Tell them now."

"Yes," N'Oak sneers, "Tell us, and why is he here anyway. He is not part of our department." I smirk. N'Oak is not going down without a fight. Good for you.

"Kammon is my cousin, you little geek," N'Maprang shouts at N'Oak.

"If he was your cousin, why didn't you introduce him to us?" N'Oak yells back.

"Because he is a moron," N'Maprang stands up and slaps the table, "Do you know how many times I asked him to let me?"

"Then what is he hiding?" N'Oak stands up and leans forward. "There has to be a reason he was hiding."