It Was Only Him For Me

Kongpop's POV

P'Ple has just messaged she would be picking me up in an hour. I had been lying on my bed before going to shower, having that endless debate again. I began typing in that I don't feel like going and pause before I hit send. Erasing what I had typed, I just reply "OK." I am going. I just want this night over already. Grabbing my towel, I head to the shower.

Adjusting my jacket, I check myself in the mirror. The theme was red, so I was wearing a red shirt with my suit. Red. An image of P'Arthit standing in front of the cheer hall the very first time I had seen him in his red hazer shirt. Did I know that day that I challenged him that I liked him? Is that why? My batchmates would say I had prevailed against P'Arthit, but I know that in the end, he crushed me. I challenged him, and I lost. Other people have had their confessions rejected. How do they go on?

My phone sounds behind me, breaking me out of my thoughts. Picking it up, and I see it is a message from P'Ple.

Maple: In front of your dorm.

Kongpop: Be right down.

I look across to his room before grabbing my keys to leave.

Coming out of my dorm, I see P'Ple parked across the street and run over to get in

"Sawasdee khrap," I greet her as I get in the car.

"Sawasdee Kha," She greets me as she is looking at her phone. "One second. I need to look up the directions. I have never been there before."

I wait as she enters the address on her phone. I wonder if she is dating anyone at university? She is in her second year. She is also pretty and sweet. Surely she would have a boyfriend.

"P'Ple, do you have a boyfriend at university?" She fumbles her phone at my question.

"I did, but we broke up," P'Ple looks at me with an awkward smile.

"Really? Which faculty does he attend?" I ask, now more curious.

"Engineering. You have already met him," P'Ple answers.

I have met him? I wonder, trying to figure out who it could be. P'Arthit? No?

"May I know who it is?" I ask finally.

"Well... It's P'Bright." I look at her incredulously. I would never have pictured her with P'Bright. They seem so different, and why didn't any of us know about it.

"I never realized you and P'Bright were dating," I went on. "You two didn't look like you were dating."

"Very few people knew about it," P'Ple clarifies.

"Can I ask you another question?" I wait for her reply.

"Sure," She smiles at me.

"How long ago did you break up?" I question. I am assuming it was not this year.