Feeding My Curiosity

Kongpop's POV

"Can you stop smirking at me?" P'Arthit grumbles across the table.

"I'm not," I reply.

P'Arthit, who was about to take a bite, stops and looks at me, "Yes, you are. Care to tell me why?"

"You went all Papa Bear today," I smile, "I thought it was kind of sexy." P'Arthit chokes on his food. I get up and pat him on the back as I hand him his water. He shoves me away and motions me to sit back down as he takes a sip of water.

"Are you crazy?" P'Arthit asks, "How can that be sexy? And stop saying that word."

"What word?" I feign ignorance, "Sexy?"

"Kongpop!" P'Arthit hisses, "Do you want to die?"

I smile. My day is complete.

"You know you are a masochist," P'Arthit tells me, "Now eat."

I start to take a bite and stop, "When did you put peppers on my food?"

"When you were smiling at me like an idiot." P'Arthit shrugs. "Aren't you going to eat?"

When I go to take a bite, he P'Arhit grabs my spoon, "What are you doing?!?"

"You told me to eat," I look at him, confused.

"Idiot! That is my plate," P'Arthit switches our plates back, "I was teasing you, and why would you eat that? I am not your Hazer anymore. I am your boyfriend." I look down at my plate and grin.

"Stop smiling like that," P'Arthit chuckles.

"Can't help it," I say, looking over at my boyfriend. P'Arthit ducks his head, and I notice his ears go pink. Look up. Look up, please.

"What am I going to do with you?" P'Arthit mumbles before he looks up at me. His cheeks are flushed, and he is trying hard not to smile at me.

"Kong," P'Arthit asks as we walk back to our dorm, "What was with that Kammon guy and a closed subject?"

When Maprang mentioned that Kammon had transferred out of Economics last year, all of us knew the reason why. But from his reaction, it was something he was still not ready to deal with or, much less, have a bunch of strangers crawling up in his business. I also noticed how Kammon had looked at P'Arthit before he left the meeting room to follow P'Bright. I am reasonably sure he didn't want my boyfriend to have a chance to bring the subject up, and since P'Arthit is asking me now, it means he didn't forget it.

"I don't know," I lie, not wanting to put Kammon on the seniors' radar for something else. "You walked up before anything was really said. Why?"

"I just have a bad feeling about it," P'Arthit shrugs.

"You just don't like him," I point out.

"No," P'Arthit grabs my arm to stop me, "I admit I am not happy he hurt Ai'Bright, but I don't hate the kid."