My Anchor

Knott's POV

"Ai'Prem, if you don't sit down, I am going to punch you," I grumble. Prem's pacing is making me nervous.

"Why the hell isn't he here yet?" Prem says as he plops down in a chair, "He is late."

"I know he is late," I sigh, "But what do you want me to do? He said he was coming. I don't want to freak him out by badgering him."

The door to the private study room opens, and we turn to see a guilty-looking Tee stepping inside.

"Sorry," Ai'Tee laughs, "Seems like every time you want to see me, Ai'Knott, my professor, does too."

"It is ok," I say, motioning to a chair.

"What's this about?" Tee asks as he takes a seat. "Do you need more pictures?"

Prem and I look at each other. P'Dear told us to find out why Tee had transferred from Economics. We needed to know if what P'Dean is doing actually started before this year.

I shake my head no before I ask, "Ai'Tee, can I ask you why you transferred from Economics to Communications?" Tee is fairly dark complected and to say he went pale was an understatement.

"I-I-I just decided I didn't like it is all," Tee stutters, "So I switched."

"You didn't like Economics?" Prem questions, "Or you didn't like P'Dean?" Tee stands up, knocking over his chair, and heads for the door.

As he about to open it, Prem says, "He is after my boyfriend."

Tee turns around and looks at Prem, who is looking down at the table, "He raped him when he was a freshman in high school," Prem looks up, "And he is back trying to hurt him again."

Tee picks up his chair and sits back down. "Your boyfriend? What year?" he asks.

"He is a first year," Prem answers.

"But that means he started doing this before he came to uni," Tee says. "And he is still doing it? I thought it was only my year."

I shake my head, "We have found proof he is doing it," I explain. "But on the video, he doesn't appear. Only his voice in the background."

"Video?" Tee whispers. "He videos it?"

"Yes," I say, nodding. "The first years in Economics are terrified of him and his group."

"Group?" Tee looks up, puzzled. "He has a group now? Seriously? That sick bastard has more people helping him with his twisted idea of fun?"

"We don't know if they are helping because they want to," I sigh, "Or if they are participating out of fear of being a target. We talked to two," I stop remembering watching that kid pass out while we talked to him. "One kid passed out when he thought P'Dean would find out we talked to him. He was that scared."

"Is that why you asked for the pictures?" Tee asks. I nod.

"My boyfriend had been attacked twice," Prem puts in, "The first time was after Freshy games, and all we knew was the guys who attacked him were on the basketball team from that faculty."

"You thought it was because they lost to you? So you wanted the team photos to pick out who it was," Ai'Tee says as he is piecing things together. "P'Dean wasn't part of the basketball team. How did you trace this back to him?"

"We were looking into P'Dean for another reason," Prem starts, "N'Wad and I ran into him at a restaurant, and I found out what he had done to my boyfriend. One morning, I ran into P'Dean at a food stall near my boyfriend's dorm. I wasn't going to let that bastard hurt him again. So my friends and I started trying to find out where he was attending. When we found out it was here and at the Economics faculty, the other attacks made more sense after that and realized he was targeting him."