I Will Survive

Arthit's POV

"You going to tell me why you wouldn't allow my boyfriend to come along?" Prem asks behind me.

"Yeah," Tutah grumbles, "The nongs caused this. Shouldn't they witness it?"

Stopping, I turn around and glare at my friends. Why can't they understand why I wouldn't let the nongs come?

"Because I said so," I growl.

"That only works for parents," Knott smiles.

"Then consider me your father!" I shout.

"Do you not have a reason?" Prem looks at me, "Or is..."

"If I allowed our nongs to come along, that guy Kimmon, Kannon, whatever the fvck his name is would have come along with them," I snarl, cutting Prem off. "I don't like him!"

My three friends gape at me before they look at each other. I run my hand through my hair, trying to find a way to explain this to them.

"Do you know him?" Tutah questions, "Is he someone we need to keep away from Ai'Bright?"

"I don't know him," I sigh, "But they have only been dating what? A week or so?" They nod. "And that nong has already sent Ai'Bright on a drinking binge."

"Oh," Knott says, "You are playing dad." I punch him.

"You know you shouldn't interfere with your kid's relationships, Dad," Prem jokes, and I smile despite myself. "I am pretty sure he is a big boy."

"Shut it, asshole," I chuckle. "Come on. Let's go get this 'big boy.'"

Knott comes even with me, "You do remember we sent our boyfriends on a drinking binge not too long after we started dating them?"

I look at Knott and realize he is right. "That is you and me. This is that guy."

"You are just mad that your boy didn't introduce his boyfriend to you, Dad," Tutah puts in.

"Did he introduce him to you?" I ask, and Tutah shakes his head. "Then why is Ai'Bright hiding him?"

"When does Ai'Bright introduce who he is dating?" Prem asks. "Why should this be different?"

"Because," I grumble.

Knott reaches over and ruffles my hair, "Yes, Dad." Prem and Tutah start to laugh.

"I hate you guys," I huff.

"We know," they all reply.

"And why am I Dad?" I snap.

"Because we already have a Papa," Prem shrugs.

Walking up to the bar, we bump into people leaving

"Why are they here?" One of the people leaving asks. "There are places for that around here."