Slow Burn

P'Dear's POV

Walking into the meeting room, I find all my nongs quietly sitting as they stare at someone I have never seen before. It must be the new nong in the chat. Why are they watching him? I look at N'Tutah and see he is not happy. All of them are not happy but especially N'Tutah.

"What is the matter?" I ask finally just as N'Tee and Win walk in the door.

But before anyone can answer, N'Tee asks, "Who is the new nong?" N'Tee looks at N'Knott. "Is he a new victim?"

All of my nongs shake their heads no. Why are they not talking? I am about to ask that when Win beats me to it.

"Why is nobody talking?" Win questions looking at everyone in turn.

"We are waiting for him," N'Prem sighs. "He hasn't said a word since we told him what is up."

"I am getting worried," N'Bright frowns, "Did we break him?"

"It is a lot to wrap your head around," N'Wad mumbles as he runs his hands through his hair before he gets up to go sit in N'Prem's lap. I watch as he settles himself in N'Prem's arms. I wonder how that nong is holding up. He keeps having to open old wounds because of this mess. Win and I have talked about it and are concerned about him. Looking at the group, I can see everyone is worried.

"What happened with the fruit?" I bring up as I take my seat. The other seniors messaged he was escorted off campus by security, but they didn't know what happened before they showed up. They told me when they arrived that the guy was pinned to the ground by four nongs.

"He threatened he would be back and take us all out," N'Kongpop explains tiredly, "P'Dean told him he would be back."

"Said he would even go after our girls," N'Aim growls. I know that nong likes one of the girls, so I bet he is worried.

"How did he get suspended?" N'Tee asks, looking at the new nong a little worriedly.

"I mentioned that I recognized him when my father and P'Dean tried to force me to transfer to Economics," N'Wad shrugs. "I'm sorry if this screws up any plans, but I was a little pissed at the time."

"Your father and P'Dean tried to make you transfer faculties? Why? When?" N'Tee looks as confused as I do.

"The same day as our last meeting," N'Prem answers. "His father has no legal custody, so he can't do anything, but that ass threatened he would get him Economics before he graduated. We don't know what his plan is for that." I can see N'Wad sigh against his boyfriend. We need to stop this before that nong breaks.

"So the fruit was only suspended?" I ask, looking at them.

"Professor Thorat said that P'Dean spoke up for him, and since he is the fvcking golden boy there, they only suspended him pending review." N'Arthit growls. "But that at least gets that bastard off campus, and from what we saw today security knows about him."

I look over at N'Tutah and see he is still watching the new nong. The nong does look stunned. Finding out the university you transferred into has a sicko on the loose is a little frightening. I wish he would snap out of it. I don't like how he is upsetting N'Tutah or the rest of the nongs because all of them keep looking over at him.

Looking over at Win, I mouth, "What should we do?" He shrugs. Guess I will kill my boyfriend later for not being helpful. Seriously.

"So why did we need to meet?" N'Knott finally asks.

"We are about to go live," N'Tee begins. "I also gathered interviews from victims, including me. The interviewees are disguised and blurred, so you can't tell who they are, and we also distorted their voices. We don't want to cause them any more pain by being found out. All of them watched their interviews and agreed when they felt they couldn't be recognized. It also helped that they knew I had made one." He stops and looks at N'Wad, "I didn't ask you N'Wad because I know it is more personal."