Room Not Found

Bright's POV

(Just be warned, we will learn Kammon's story in this chapter. If you are uncomfortable, skip it.)

Tutah taps my shoulder, and I look up. I can tell my friend is concerned.

"I think we should go so you can talk," Tutah tells me quietly, and I feel Kammon shake his head no.

"Stay," Kammon rasps before he turns to my friends.

"Are you sure?" N'Prae questions. She is standing next to N'Jett, who has his arm around her shoulders, and I notice Tutah also has a hold of her hand.

"Y-Y-yeah," Kammon nods his head as he brushes his cheeks. N'Kongpop holds out a handkerchief which he takes with a weak smile.

Knott nudges N'Tew and motions for him to sit. After they sit, the rest follow. I can't believe I am sitting on the floor in an abandoned building in front of a room where my boyfriend had God's knows what done to him surrounded by my friends and nongs.

"Kammon," I begin, "Why did you come here?"

"I-I-I don't know," Kammon hiccups, "I was just thinking after I left class, and when I looked up, I was here."

I brush his hair from his eyes and take the handkerchief from him, wiping his nose as he sniffs. I look away, not wanting to cry, and see Prem. How did he do this? Prem has his arms around N'Wad, and N'Wad has his face buried in Prem's shoulder. It has to be just as hard for N'Wad. This building is like the one he was taken to by P'Dean back home. I hate that bastard more and more.

"Kam, why?" N'Maprang sniffs, "This... why?"

Kammon looks at his cousin and shrugs, "Everything has just gotten stirred up."

"We made you think of things," N'Tew offers, and Kammon nods.

"When we took you to lunch, we didn't mean to upset you," N'Aim explains.

N'May is sitting next to him, and I smile when I see he let her use his backpack to keep her from getting dirty. Arthit is practically in his boyfriend's lap, and any other time I would be giving him a hard time about it, but today I understand the need for contact. Knott has N'Tew leaning against him, and N'Jett has Tutah between his legs with his arms around him, and he also let Prae use his backpack. Even N'Oak is wrapped around N'Maprang, resting his chin on her shoulder. I look back at Prae. She needs to find a person.

"A word at a time," Kammon mumbles at N'Tew, "That is what you told me." He looks at N'Wad. "Where did you find the words?" His voice cracks and my heart feels like someone twisted it.

"I don't know," N'Wad says, taking a deep breath. "Like I said, we don't need details." He stops and looks at me, and I shake my head. "I don't know what to tell you. P'Prem knows everything, and everyone else here knows what happened to me to an extent because of everything we have been through while trying to catch P'Dean. When I was kidnapped..."

"You were kidnapped?" Kammon asks, his eyes going wide, "By who?"

"P'Dean," N'Wad shrugs, "He took me back home to..." N'Wad looks around, "To a place not too much different from here."

"Why?" Kammon croaks.

"It happened after we got him expelled," a familiar voice says from behind us. We turn to find P'Dear and P'Win standing there. I guess Tutah used that group chat. "N'Dean is obsessed with N'Wad, and when we destroyed his world, he was hell-bent on destroying N'Wad."

"Why do you guys care so much about people you don't even know?" Kammon challenges, "You just met me."

"It is what we do," P'Dear smiles, "Besides, you are not just some random person." P'Dear looks at N'Maprang, "Your her cousin and my nong's boyfriend. That makes you part of us. Even if you weren't, we still would have helped. Because it is the right thing."