82

OKAY KIDSSSS

SO

This book officially hit 1 5 0 K  R E A D S S S 

So,i don't exactly know what to do so I've decided to do a small Q&A so please submit some questions here! I'll answer them on Saturday since I'll be camping with a friend this Thursday!

Also!!! Please tell me if you want a special chapter too! I don't wanna do just a Q&A so tell me if you want a peek into the future or even the past or maybe a playlist? Hahaha I have no idea at all, but please give opinion and reply to opinions you like the sound of!

And now for the actual chapter :D

The house was quiet as the sun set and the paladins set out some blankets and pillows in the living room. It made everyone ill to simply walk to the room next to where Benji had last lay down so they decided to have a mini slumber party in the living room. The animals were locked in the conservatory to sleep while the others were either in their room such as Chloe and Rosa while the others stayed downstairs. 

The blankets were sprawled in disarray and pillows were thrown in different spots around the room. The television was playing music lowly on some pop station, each song passing quickly and unnoticed. The band sat in their designated sleeping spots, Hunk on the couch, Pidge on an armchair with a leg rest pulled up to it while Lance and Keith took the floor with a make-shift mattress made of a collection of blankets and comforters. 

Everyone chatted dully with each other, attempting to clear the one thing on everyone's mind. Every now and then a song would be heard that someone would recognize resulting in everyone humming along to the tune or even singing. It wasn't rare that one of their own songs would come one and they would sings joyously along. 

Just as one of the songs wrapped up and everyone giggled to each other at the end, the front door was unlocked and a hunched figure ambled in. Everyone perked at the person, Lance straining his eyes to try identify who it was that walked in. his chest clenched as he rose to his feet and shuffled over to the person. 

Hunk, Pidge and Keith watched, dumbfounded as to why someone had just walked in. Pidge let out a soft "Ooh!" as she recognized the person. She turned to Hunk and Keith while whisper-yelling to them, "It's Lance's father."

Hunk's lips formed an "o" shape before he sat back but continued to look at the scene. Keith bit his lip, nervous to see what would happen. Lance remembered how tense Lance was around bringing up the topic of them dating around his father. He must have figured out which would explain his absence when Benji had passed. 

Lance stood before his father with a deep frown. "Papa, I'm sorry."

The man only shook his head. "No, mi hijo, it's my fault for being stubborn. I am sorry."

Lance nodded, opening his arms for the shorter man. His father stepped close to Lance, his frail arms wrapping around his son.Lance remembered how big his father had been, how determined and strong and hardworking he was. But after he and Rosa had broken off he obviously was not taking care of himself, disappearing from the picture. 

It was only a matter of time before Rosa herself came bounding down the stairs with a baseball bat. "Quien esta ahi?! Who's there?!" She hollered, halting at the sight of her husband standing weak and disheveled. Her lips turned down as she dropped the bat and shuffled to the older man. 

Her looked up, releasing Lance and making his way over to his wife. "Rosa... Lo siento..." {I'm sorry}

He muttered, hesitantly reaching out to his wife. Rosa nodded silently, her arm shakily reaching out to hold onto her husband's shoulders. "Yo tambien mi amor. No habia nada que pudieramos hacer." Me too. {There was nothing we could do}

"Lo siento... te amo." rosa kisser her husband's forehead, smiling softly as her pulled awya to gaze to him fondly. 

"You need a shower my love. Let's go." She spoke softly. "Lance, be asleep in an hour please. I don't want you all like a group of zombies tomorrow." 

Lance smiled widely, nodding before spinning on his heel and walking back to the living room as his mother and father made their way up the stairs. The others watched in astonishment as Lance returned with a smile rather than with tears in his eyes. Although he had not tears on his eyes, he was definitely crying. It was as if the tears were in his heart rather than on the outside like they should be. 

Pidge stood to her feet, walking over to Lance and throwing her arms around his waist and burying her face in his chest. Lance was taken aback by her sudden embrace but his smile faded in sorrow. Hunk didn't hesitate in climbing up too, hugging Lance from the back , wrapping his arms around to also hug Pidge closer and bury his face in his shoulders. Keith wasted to time to also stand up and squeeze in to wrap his arms around Pidge and hold onto Lance's shoulder as Hunk also wrapped an arm around Keith. Lance sniffled softly though no tears escaped. He smiled sadly, bowing his head in defeat. He couldn't battle sorrow forever. So he welcomed the embrace his friends offered as the listened to soft pop music chiming lowly from the television.

Sorry for the lack of accents (i think that's what they're called anyway) on the Spanish words, I'm writing on my laptop -3-

-Patty '3'