61

Lance rapped lightly on his brothers door. Benji gave a slight noise of confirmation as Lance pushed the door open and made his way inside. He set down the mug Rosa had made and took a seat beside Benji. Benji had hidden under the covers, his whole body was just a lump of blankets and duvet. Lance frowned and placed his hand there he thought Benji's head would be. He was thankfully right in guessing and his palm now lay against Benji's head through the pillows. 

"I'm sorry Lance, I didn't mean to lash out." Benji whispered. 

Lance frowned at his brother. "It's fine." Lance spoke,not knowing what else to say. 

"It's not... it really isn't" 

Lance frowned, his eyebrows knitting together. 

"It's cool, honestly. Lets just forget about it like we always do."

Benji's fits were quite frequent. Every time Lance visits his brother has at least one fit. He gets irrational and freaks over quite simple things. Small things seem to have large impacts on him. 

"I should tell you something..." Benji sat up slowly, his back pressing against the headboard of his old bed and his hollow face appearing over the blankets. 

He had bed head, but the thing that Lance would usually tease was now something that Lance unconsciously ignored. His eyes locked with Benji's dull ones and a pang of pain hit Lance in the chest. He almost felt guilty to something he was unaware of. He gave a smile to Benji, trying to calm both his brother and his own nerves.

"You can tell me anything Benji, you know I wont judge you."

Benji frowned. "This is different. You'll be mad at me not because you know it. You'll be upset you didn't know it... I guess." Benji muttered, fidgeting with his frail fingers. 

"What do you mean?" Lance spoke wearily. 

Benji gave a pained expression, as if something was causing him so much mental pain it was physically hurting him. Lance was suddenly nervous as if a cold wave had washed over him. His hands shook like leaves and he began nibbling on the inside of his cheek. 

"I've been suffering these past few years." Benji turned away. "I have a condition that is no longer treatable." 

Lance frowned. "What is it?" 

Lance knew, he always knew there was something. He just never knew what. He saw Benji slowly loosing himself. He was slowly loosing what made him Benji. His bright eyes, even brighter smile, his shiny hair, his baby fat, his natural rosy cheeks, his loud manner. He had been lacking in all of these things but Lance had been to stuck up to really question it. He regretted it immensely. 

Benji's eyes glazed over, his lip turning up into a pout. "I-I well, you know... I- I can't." Benji looked down to his hands. "Multiple things. I have asthma which used to be no problem, I've been having allergic reactions recently, I have vitamin d and a deficiency. That can cause blindness, but it isnt mild... fat malabsorption..." 

Lance had gotten lost in the middle of Benji's endless list. 

"But there's a main one that kind of is the root of all of the others.." Benji frowned. "I've been being treated for a lung condition. The therapy hasn't been working and multiple times it's made me temporarily loose my eye sight or made me have fits..."

"What lung condition? You already have asthma." Lance sighed. 

Benji shook his head. "It's nothing like asthma Lance. It's-" Benji looked up to Lance. "and don't freak out-" Benji took his tea and took a long sip from it. The drink seemed to calm him down somewhat. "I have lung cancer Lance. Treatment isn't working so Mama and Papa stopped me from receiving it. It's only a matter of time now."

Lance felt as if reality had finally hit him. It felt horrible, like someone had hit him in the face with a brick. Benji finished his tea with a frown, the whole time Lance sat at the edge of the bed the whole time. His mouth lay agape and his eyes wide as saucers. When Benji's cup was empty Lance helped him to the kitchen and Lance pulled Rosa to the conservatory to talk. The sun beamed through the clouds, the dull rain that had come during Lance and Benji's time together setting a melancholy mood. Lance's expression held only one emotion; sorrow. Rosa was also overwhelmed simply by the mention of her son's condition. Lance was upset, if he had known he would have payed for Benji's treatment. But now thinking of it, that was probably the reason Benji didn't want him to know. He wanted to face the disease alone like a normal teenager, not wanting Lance's fame to change his chances of survival. Now he had nowhere to go, no other option than the inevitable approach of his faith. Both Lance and his mother cried that day, wrapped in each other's arms. Benji was in the living room, the old white cat laying in his lap purring softly. He wasn't with his mother and brother but he knew for a fact what they were doing, what they were talking about. All he could do is sit sorrowfully in the living room and wait for it all to subside.

Finally back ;)

I'll be updating more often now!! Hope you enjoyed!

BYEEEEEEEEEEEE