54

Lance's family had just enjoyed a meal in the living room. They never ate in the living room, but Lance's mother decided to celebrate their son coming home, they should. Despite having a party the previous day, the family agreed to eat in the living room. It was just his parents, him and Benji and Chloe. They all had a curry, made by Chloe who was learning how to cook basic meals in a cooking club she had joined. But it was been called off for the summer. But despite that, the meal was still delicious and nearly all of the family had seconds. Their cat who had only come back that morning, Princess, was curled up on Benji's lap. Chloe had taken their parents dishes and her own while Lance took his and Benji's.

The TV Was currently playing the news channel. Benji was whining about how his favourite show was starting while Lance's father said he could watch it soon, but it was important to know what was happening in the world around them.

As Lance made his way into the kitchen, he glanced at the clock.

5:55

Lance hummed. He read somewhere that reoccurring numbers meant that something big was going to happen. Lance dropped the dishes in the sink, wiping his hands on a teacloth before returning to get Benji's empty glass of water. Benji was cooing at the cat in his arms, stroking the cat who purred contently in his arms despite looking furious. You could never really tell what the cat was feeling because it always had a grumpy face on it. And despite the fact the animal was called Princess, some argued it was a girl. Lance smiled fondly at his little brother before picking up his glass and slowly making his way to the kitchen.

"Oh goodness, look." Lance's mother, nudged Lance's father who replied with, "I already am."

Lance turned his head to face the TV where a young woman with clearly dyed blonde hair was speaking. Her voice was deeper than Lance's had expected, her face seeming so young and her voice sounding like that of a fifty year old woman.

"A young male was seriously injured after a collision in a small town, close by Lion's Avenue. Passers stated that after being alarmed by another car he began to loose control before being his by a truck who seemingly couldn't see him."

Lance's mother began blabbering in Spanish about how motorbikes were too dangerous and how too many peopleget hurt from them. Lance smiled and shook his head at his mother.

"They aren't that bad. Keith brought me on a ride on his bike to the studio when we were late for a class." Lance said to his mother.

Benji perked up. "What studio was it?" He asked while hugging the cat wrapped in his arms.

"Him and his brother run a studio, it's called the Red Lion or something like that. They're probably there now. They live in the area where their studio is too."

Benji nodded and went back to attacking the cat with affection.

"Where's the studio son?" Lance's mother asked curiously.

Lance smiled at her. "In Lion's Av-" Lance paused, dread filling him as he turned to the television. He looked at the footage playing, the area seeming quite familiar to him.

"Lance? What's wrong?" Lance's mother asked in concern.

"The only one who suffered from injuries was the young male, who is still unidentified as no identification was on him at the time. He is described as short with pale skin, black hair slightly over the shoulder, described as a mullet, wearing dark clothing and a red jacket. If you know this man please contact the number on screen."

The glass in Lance's hands slipped through his now sweaty fingers. The glass shattered on the floor, the cat hissing at Lance. Lance's mother flinched as well as Benji, while his father yelled, "Lance!" Lance's mother frowned in concern as Lance stepped over the glass and searched desperately for his phone. That was Keith, who else would it be? Nobody else living in Lion's Avenue had a mullet and wore only back except for a red jacket in summer. Not to mention his bike, who else could it be?

"Lance?" Lance's mother called again. After not getting a reply, she decided not to push. Instead she settled into her seat as everyone watched him.

"Hello, this is the Lion's PD, if your call does not concern the unidentified-" A young male began but Lance cut him off.

"Yes it does. I know who he is." Lance spoke, beginning to bite his nails nervously. It was an old habit that he managed to get rid of, but lately it had been returning.

"Let me transfer you to the next line, just a moment." The young man spoke lazily, clearly not caring about his job and the fact that someone who was possibly dying's family don't know about his current state. Though Keith's only family is Shiro.

"Hello, please state your relationship with the patient." Spoke a woman on the line Lance was transferd to.

Lance glanced nervously at his father who he knew could hear the conversation he was having on the phone. He sighed, deciding it was for the best if he told the truth; for Keith's sake.

"I'm... his boyfriend." Lance spoke nervously. Lance's father's face noticeably paled, his angry and eager face immediately changing to one of pure shock. Lance ignored it and focused on the call.

"I'm sorry, can you please give the identity of your boyfriend as well as his age and address."

Lance gave the details to the woman and answered ever question she had for him.

"Thank you for your cooperation, please if there is any additional people you need to contact do it now. He will be transferred to Luxia Hospital."

Lance thanked the woman before quickly dialling Shiro. He also had to book plane tickets to get to Keith as soon as possible.

"Lance, what is the meaning of all of this?!" Yelled Lance's father angrily. Lance frowned at his father who had returned to his previous self.

"I'm sorry, but I have to go. I'll be back in at most three days."

Lance dashed upstairs, explaining to Shiro the situation over the phone as he packed a small amount of supplies into a bag. Chloe entered his room.

"Lance, was that Keith?" Chloe asked steadily.

Lance looked to Chloe, his chest clenching and his lip quivering. He nodded before he bust into tears. Chloe wrapped her thin arms around her brother while rubbing soothing circles on his back. When Lance calmed, Chloe rushed downstairs and urged Lance's mother to quickly buy Lance some tickets online.

Lance's father had retreated to the conservatory, the others coming to the front door to see Lance off. Chloe kissed Lance's cheek, his mother mimicking her actions before rushing to find her husband. Benji had begun crying, his frail hands placed on Lance's shoulders. He urged Lance to be careful, that he didn't want to be away from Lance any longer.

As he drove, the silence was practically killing him. He reached over to switch on his radio, hesitating when seeing the time.

18:18

Lance sighed. He guessed something big really did happen that day.

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ