59

Currently listening to the DEH soundtrack and it's instantly improved my mood I really tried to make this chapter not so shitty. XD 

Questions from last chapter will be answered on Thursday~!

(Also Lance's siblings' names have been confirmed, but I'm sticking with these. In future books I'll go by canon content XD)

Rosa cooked the dinner with the assistance of her two daughters and Benji. Lance and Keith went to Lance's old room to unpack their things. A smile appeared on Keith's lips when he saw the cramped room. The single bed had blue racecars decorating the sheets that covered it. The walls were beep blue with rockets and stars, different planets covering the wallpaper too. The bright wooden floors had clearly seen better days and the desk and wardrobe were quite worn. The lamp on his bedside table had rockets decorating them too, the bed really being the only non-space themed thing in the entire room. Even the desk and wardrobe were covered with stickers of aliens and planets. It faintly reminded Keith of his old room, but rather than space, Keith had a cowboy set theme in his room. Lance bashfully avoided Keith's eyes and emptied his things. Lance split the wardrobe so the left side was his and Keith had the right. Once unpacked, the two boys ventures down the aged stair to greet the family again. Rosa ushered the boys outside immediately and sat them down around a fire-pit. The rest of the family gathered and Lance's oldest brother, Carlos, lit the fire while Issy, the eldest sister, and Chloe, the youngest sister, gave out the meals. Roasted vegetables and eggs as well as chicken and mashed potatoes. Keith stared in awe at the meal. Lance chuckled. 

"What, you impressed?" He joked. 

Keith nodded. "Yeah, I can't remember the last time I had a meal like this... it had to have been... years ago." Keith smiled fondly at the memory of his parents and him eating meals together at the small dining table. But that only lead to troubling thoughts of Shiro back at home. Lance seemingly sensed his tension, placing his hand over Keith's own hand, leaning across and kissing his cheeks. Of course, he had to be careful of the plates over their laps. When the family finally gathered, they exchanged lively words, enthusiastically conversing with each other. 

Carlos turned to Keith with a gleeful smile gracing her aged face. "So Keith, where are your parents? Aren't they missing you?" 

Keith's stomach dropped and his smile noticeably faltered. Lance began, "Mama I don't think-" Keith stopped Lance by laying his hand over the his boyfriend's tanned one. 

"Actually, my parents both died when I was young." Keith spoke calmly, both he himself and Lance were shocked at how calm he was talking about his parents. Rosa gasped and the others hushed. 

"Oh, I'm so sorry Keith!" Keith was about to lightly brush it off like any other apology he received but Rosa continued. "Well, we all hope we can be the best family we can for you!" 

Keith smiled softly, his eyes watering as he nodded. He was lost for words, tightening his grip on Lance's shoulder. The others cheered in agreement, the young children who earlier arrived hopped up and gave Keith sloppy kisses on his cheeks. Carlos, on the left of Keith, squeezed Keith's shoulder in comfort. Keith nodded. 

"Thanks. Really, thank you." 

Lance and Keith were stuffed when they got back upstairs. The rest of the family stayed downstairs to clean up, insisting the boys got some rest after their flight. After cleaning themselves up and changing into sleepwear they squeezed into Lance's small bed and huddled close together. Lance had his arms wrapped around Keith, encasing him in a warm embrace. One of Keith's arms were draped over Lance's side and the other was tucked between the two, his hand resting on his chest. Keith could feel every breath Lance took, every beat of Lance's heart, every shift of his arms. He had never felt more secure in his life.