81

The kids were rushed out of the house and into the vast fields of the McClains farm as an ambulance arrived to "take care" of Benji. Everyone sat is silence, all five of them not daring to speak a word. Chloe lay back, her back fit like a puzzle into Lance's chest, his legs open for her to sit between them. They both held hands, neither of them truly able to accept the sick truth that their brother had died. Lance kissed Chloe's head before pulling one of his hands out of her grasp to pull out his phone and quickly dial Coran. 

"Lance." Coran stated through the phone the moment he picked up. 

"Hey. When do you need us to come back?" Lance spoke, his voice rough.

A sigh was barely audible through the phone before Coran spoke again. "Whenever you're ready. Your next meeting is in three days so you can stay there for at most two nights." 

Reluctance was evident in Coran's voice and Lance was thankful for his sympathy. Lance smiled faintly before murmuring a response. "Okay Coran. Send Allura our apologies."

Coran fell silent for a few moments before responding. "Of course."

The line went dead as Lance dropped his voice onto the soft grass. Pidge lay on her stomach, picking the greenery. Keith sat with one leg pulled to his chest, the other flat on the ground as his chin rested on his knee. Hunk sat cross-legged with a small frown. Nobody had spoken or even attempted to start a conversation so Lance mustered up some courage to speak. 

"He was great." Lance sighed. 

Chloe nodded softly, she probably held a fond smile on her lips. "Yeah, he was."

Hunk's lips curled into a fond grin too. "He was really a great person..."

"Pity the best people are always taken away first." Chloe muttered. 

Keith bit his lip, his eyes which her shut in though slowly peeling open to land on Chloe's bitter expression. He frowned, his eyes dropping to his outstretched leg as he spoke. "It's better to just remember the nice times and thrive from that."

Chloe's eyes lifted up to Keith with a sour expression. "And what would you know about that-"

Lance nudged Chloe roughly, her shoulder jerking forward harshly as she opened her mouth to yell back at Lance. Both exhaustion and realization made her pause her actions as she hesitantly returned to look at Keith who only continued to look ahead. It didn't take a genius to tell what Lance was implying when he shoved her. 

"Sorry..." She trailed, crossing her arms over her chest and pulling her legs up to her chest. She then proceeded to rest her arms on her knees and bury her face in her arms. 

"It's fine." Keith muttered, shutting his eyes again to return to the safe haven of darkness. 

"But it's not. This sucks. Like, more than Lance sucks..." Chloe puffed. 

Pidge's eyes twinkled at the short statement, the corner of her mouth lifting into a mischievous grin. "Ah, Lance sucks? So that would imply... he is the receiver..." Pidge puckered her lips to mask the smirk that plastered across her lips. 

Lance scoffed.. "Shut up. You don't have to receive to suck..." 

Keith cringed, his eyes fluttering open but remaining hooded as the corner of his mouth twitched up. "You don't have to... but you do..."

Pidge hissed, her hissing breaking into giggles as Keith and Hunk followed quickly with laughter. Lance only pouted as Chloe's face contorted with disgust. "I do not want to hear about my brother's sex life. Thank you very much."

Pidge shrugged. "You can't avoid nature."

"I can do what I want." Chloe stuck her tongue out. Her lips drew back into a smile as her tongue stuck out resulting in her looking as if she were biting her tongue. Pidge giggled, kicking her legs as a smile remained on her face. 

They group remained silent for a short while before Chloe spoke again. "So you're leaving in two days?"

The others looked to Lance who gave a short nod in confirmation. Everyone was disappointed to hear that but Lance was determined to cheer everyone up. "Well, even though Benji isn't physically here to have fun with us, why don't we just make the most out of the days we have together? We're going on tour soon so we'll be busy for a while after this."

Chloe was still before she sat forward and stood up, spinning on her heel with a big smile. "Sounds good."

Hunk and Keith glanced at each other, Hunk's lips tugging into a smile while Keith simply shrugged and stood to his feet. Chloe pulled Pidge to her feet while Keith pulled Lance up. Hunk uncrossed his legs, his eyes cast around before he spoke out in a desperate tone. 

"I don't think I can stand up. My body wont physically allow me to. I need help."

Pidge snickered, walking around Hunk to plant her hands on his back and push him forward. Her attempts were to no avail so Chloe joined her but Hunk didn't move. Pidge was beginning to think he wasn't moving on purpose so LAnce and Keith each grabbed one of Hunk's hands. 

"Alright," Lance spoke. "on three."

"One,"

"two,"

"three!"

Everyone pulled and pushed with all of their might but their work was too strong resulting in Hunk jerking forwards and taking Lance and Keith down in the process. Chloe and Pidge tumbled forwards resulting in a teenager sandwich. Everyone couldn't contain their laughter for very long, all of them busting into a fit of loud, obnoxious laughter. Eventually they were able to heave themselves up and make their way towards the house.

To find a link to a discord chat based on Voltron, check the end of the last chapter (chapter 45). A being reached out to me because they created it and the people in it are cool so you should check it out ;D

Well that's all there is to say because Im tired

-Patty '3'