69

Lance looked down at his phone with a scowl, his dessert spoon dangling rom his lips. Keith was beside hin, eating his own ice cream quietly. Pidge was also on her phone, sitting across from Lance while Hunk ate his own dessert silently. 

"I can't believe this, can you Pidge?" Lance sighed, scooping up some more chocolate ice cream. 

"No, this is ridiculous!" Pidge exclaimed, scooping some mint ice cream and eating it. 

"What's wrong?" Hunk asked, taking a bite from his chocolate fudge cake. 

"This hot new band is rising up and they're totally throwing shade at us!" Lance yelled, slamming his fist on his thigh. He decided it would be best not to hit the table and draw attention to them. They had managed to order food quietly without being noticed, the waiter being an only lady who thought Keith was a girl. She wouldn't have recognized the team anyway, so now they just had to try not to draw attention to themselves as to not make an unplanned meet-and-greet. 

"Oh?" Keith asked, swallowing a chunk of strawberry cheesecake before leaning to his left to look into Lance's phone. 

"Yeah, they call themselves The Generals and they're totally hot right now." Lance whined. 

"Not as hot as our new album though." Hunk spoke. "Especially with our new member, people are loving the new songs that're coming out." He added, taking another bite from his cake. 

Pidge nodded. "That's totally true, everyone already loves Keith and I heard from Shiro that your studio is really popular now thanks to your new carrier." 

Keith frowned, his eyebrows knitting together quizzically. "You were talking to Shiro?" He asked before taking another bite from his dessert. Lance tapped Keith's shoulder. When Keith turned to face Lance had his mouth open, pointing a finger towards his mouth. Keith rolled his eyes and scooped some cake onto his fork, holding it up so Lance could have some. Lance took a bite, humming in content before sitting back, leaning against Keith in the slightest. 

"Yeah, he was asking for Matt's contact info. They were in the same college for a while and he wanted to catch up. I just asked about how he was doing and he exploded into a huge story. He sounds happy." Pidge shrugged, opening her own mouth and leaning across the table. Keith chuckled, letting Pidge try some cake before Hunk scooped some with his own fork. It got some chocolate on Keith's cake but he didn't mind. Pidge and Lance insisted on tasting Hunk's cake too. Pidge took the fork and tasted it, then Lance took the fork and then Keith. Pidge and Lance had eaten their ice cream too fast, Lance at some stage getting a brain freeze while Pidge explained how she hasn't had a brain freeze in over four years and she didn't know why. This evolved into Keith and Pidge discussing alien abductions. 

"No way, the moon landing was totally staged!" Pidge yelled, sitting at the edge of her seat to give a filthy look to Lance. 

"No, you're just a crazy conspiracy theorist who believes that we're in some matrix or something." Lance shrugged, looking away in annoyance. 

"Oh? and how do you know we're not in a matrix? Ay, Lance?" Keith argued. 

"Come on, you're getting irrational." Hunk eased. Pidge and Keith sighed, nodded. 

"Yeah, I guess everyone needs to calm down." Keith shrugged. 

Hunk nodded, leaning back and crossing his legs. "Besides, we're all just in a simulation made by aliens who control our every move." 

Lance groaned, while Keith and Pidge nodded their heads in intriguing interest. Lance rolled his eyes, dropping his head to table table. The impact his forehead made with the table caused a loud slamming noise to erupt throughout the cafe. As soon as the noise was made Lance jerked upwards again, his cheeks flushed in embarrassment and a mark forming where his head hit the table. 

"Sorry." Lance whined, looking down to his hands. 

Some people laughed, some returning to their conversations and some muttering complaints. But one voice stood out,beginning mayhem. 

"Oh my god, is that Lance McClain?" Lance let out a quiet groan, a small pout forming on his lips. He loved meeting his fans, but right now all he wanted to do was cuddle on a bed. 

"OMG, yeah! There's Pidge, Hunk and Keith too!" Another hushed voice spoke, their attempts at keeping quiet failing. 

Keith was kinda happy that someone recognized him, but the exhausted aura at the table made him keep his gaze down. It seemed everyone was too tired to meet fans after all of the recording. Honestly, the band hasn't been sleeping well, the stress of the new album hitting them like a ton of bricks. 

Eventually the fans approached timidly, both holding their phones in their hands and their cheeks were tinted a pink color. They asked shyly for a picture with the band which they happily complied with. They girls first got a picture with Lance and Keith, then Hunk and Pidge and then all of them together. They then left, huge smiled on their chins and their eyes wide with joy. All of the band couldn't help but feel joy at the timid approach of the fans, all of them put in a better mood as Lance paid and they got their ride back to the hotel. They had gotten the rest of the day off, much to all of their relief. But the fun really starts within the next week. The travel to the recording studio of the Altea company. That's where the band will really feel the effects of hard work. 

I know, no funky time on chapter 69, how terrible of me. I'm not totally into writing smut, but hey, one day I might. The day I loose my author virginity...

-Patty '3'