41

Keith was suspicious.

Shiro was always in the drivers section of the bus. Even when the bus wasn't moving he'd be alone with the exception of when he was eating. He would have not so frequent breaks before he would leave and after a while start driving. When he had breaks he would always steal glances,and usually worried or anxious ones. It began to annoy Keith and he wanted to say something about it,but he couldn't. Something told him that he wouldn't like what he heard.

Keith noticed Lance walked past Pidge's bunk towards the front. So after a while of watching That's So Raven, Pidge fell asleep. Keith crept to Shiro's area and began... not spying... but spying. 

"Keith... It's about Keith." 

Keith frowned at Lance's words. He crept closer to the curtain and pulled it slightly to see inside. Lane and Shiro were looking at each other. Shiro's face held a blank expression. An almost frightening look. Keith shrank back timidly and watched silently. 

"You know... do you?" Shiro spoke, in deep tone it almost sounded like a growl. 

"He isn't... there's something up."

"And what do you mean by that?"

Lance frowned. "I may be the only one who has noticed... but Keith when he sleeps." Shiro frowned too. "He wheezes and sometimes he doesn't even breath!"

Shiro sighed, slouching and running his hand over his face.

"He has a... respiratory disorder."

Lance hummed in confusion. Shiro chuckled, though it was forced and dry. "He has a form of disability that sometimes causes shortness of breath, wheezing and coughing. In every day life, Keith holds it in, but at night he doesn't have control over his body. So he can't hold it in."

Keith fell to his knees in such a slow way it seemed as if he had melted. Why would Shiro say that that?!

"Why?" Lance mumbled. "I know Keith wouldn't want me to know this."

Shiro smiled softly.

"He wouldn't want it now. But in the future I need you to be there when I can't."

Lance raised a brow in confusion, as did Keith. Keith was angry, but his curiosity covered it up. "You'll be here too Shiro, you are our new driver."

Shiro chuckled and stood up. Keith didn't even notice the bus not moving. Shiro gave Keith a firm pat on the shoulder before giving him a smile. The brotherly smiled he would give Keith when he was being oblivious. The cocky yet reassuring one that always made him want to yell "TELL ME WHAT I'M NOT GETTING!".

"After this, after me driving, after the tours and the albums, after the band's retirement. You have to be there for him when I can't. And it's my responsibility as his brother to make sure you are." Shiro spoke, passing Lance to a suitcase.

"Shouldn't it be your responsibility since you're his brother to watch him?" Lance whined back.

Shiro smiled that smile again, pulling a small piece of paper from his case. "Now, I can't be visiting him every day when I will have a future to raise?"

Lance's brows knitted together as he was about to whine in frustration,but he stopped himself. Shiro did that smile again and handed the paper to Lance. Lance smiled softly down at the paper before looking back up at Shiro with a slight blush on his tan cheeks. 

"Are you suggesting that Lance and I..."

"Not suggesting, telling."

Shiro chuckled at Lance's expression, one of pure embarrassment. 

"Don't worry, you have my blessing."

Shiro gave Lance a pat on the shoulder and walked towards the curtain. Keith wanted to move,but couldn't,like he was stuck in one place. Shiro opened the curtain and walked past Keith. Keith sat on the floor with eyes the size of saucers as he watched him brother stroll past him. 

"Hey Keith." Shiro spoke, walking out of the bus to fill the bus' gas. 

Keith let out a pitiful attempt of a reply, though it sounded more like a distressed bird. Lance and Keith's eyes met, but before Lance could speak Keith darted away and into the bathroom. He locked the door firmly behind him and sat down on the toilet seat. 

He was going to be there for a while.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if you're into teen wolf or holly oaks or any tv show really, check out my bestie @stydiathepumkinx 's stories!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you enjoyed, comment opinions and suggestions!