58

I was looking forward so something so much, but now I'm kinda loosing that anticipation :[

Shiro sighed as he sat on the uncomfortable couch in his living room. I frown had been present on his face for hours now yet he couldn't get rid of it. Keith's words made his chest ache and his heart break every time he though of his little brother. He just couldn't understand the weight Shiro held on his shoulders. A mug was presented to him by a pair of small hands. Shiro looked up to see his old friends Slav giving him a warm smile. Shiro smiled and took the beverage from Slav, recomposing himself and allowing Slav to sit beside him. Slav has his own drink in hand, both men taking a sip of their hot drink. 

"Thanks for this." Shiro told Slav. 

Slav shook his head. "It's no problem to me. It's an honor to help a friend. And don't worry about little Keith, he just needs some time." 

It was strange for Slav to be calling Keith little seeing as he was almost a head shorter than him, but Slav was older. I guess that gave a slight advantage. 

"I hope so. He hasn't been taking it very well. Maybe I shouldn't have kept it from him..." Shiro looked down into him coffee, the dark drink setting him in a depressed mood. 

"You shouldn't blame yourself. You both grew up with little adult influence. You didn't know how to handle it, it is in no way a fault of your's."

Shiro smiled at the strange way Slav had phrased his sentence,but was nonetheless grateful. Rather than giving a verbal response, Shiro gave a thankful smile to Slave, who understood and silently drank his coffee.

Keith tensed as two children jumped at him, tugging at his jacket and limbs, yelling inaudible nonsense while an animal jumped around yapping and howling at them. He cringed at the loud noises, his head spinning as he was still adjusting to everything. Lance shooed the kids away, finaly giving Keith a chance to gather his jugged and walk by Lance's side to the house. At the door they were cheerfully greeted my an older lady who quickly embraced Keith. 

"Welcome! Mi hijo, your boyfriend is so handsome in person!" She cheered, patting Keith's shoulders and kissing his cheek. 

"Thank you, I'm flattered." Keith smiled nervously. 

"Oh, a gentlemen!" Another lady cheered. 

Lance took Keith's shaky hand in his own. "That's my aunt Camila, and my mother Rosa." Lance gestures to each. They gave a cheerful reply. "That's by big brother and sister Carlos and Isabella. Then my younger brother and sister Benji and Chloe." The older siblings gave a short and curt greeting, while the younger sister threw a cool wave and the younger brother gave a sweet smile. As the younger children came tumbling up, Lance pointed to each. "This is Mateo and Valentina; my nephew and niece." The dog pounded towards Keith making him jump behind Lance, using him as a human shield. "And this is little Chip." Keith looked down at the huge Boxer dog in horror. 

"How fitting..." Keith muttered. He was shocked that everyone heard what he said, blushing and practically shrinking when everyone let out a laugh. 

"Come inside my boy, let me get you a drink! Do you like coffee? Or tea?" Lance's mother, Rosa pushed. Keith was beginning to become bashful from all of the attention, breathing  out a "Coffee sounds good." before shrinking back to Lance's side.

"I'll bring our bags to our room." Lance smiled, taking the bag from Keith's hand. Keith let the handle slip from his fingers, giving his own smile before turning back to Rosa who handed him a warm mug. Keith thanked her gleefully before taking the drink. He was led to a comfortable living room where he settled in a seat between Lance's youngest sister Chloe and his brother Benji. In Benji's arms was a small, white, grumpy looking cat. Its expression made Keith chuckled to himself. He had to admit, he was much more a cat person. Dogs were just so rowdy and loud. Cats were nice, small and quiet. Benji noticed Keith's attraction to the cat and held it out.

"Her name is Princess. I know, just as fitting as Chip's name, right?" Benji joked. Keith chuckled and stroked the cat's head.

"Definitely." 

"So,how long have you and Lance been together?" Chloe spoke up. Everyone turned their attention to Keith as they anticipated his reply. Keith bit his lip as he anxiously thought up a reply,soon realizing that he didn't have one. 

"Well actually it isn't exactly official." Keith laughed. The others looked in confusion. 

"Explain." The eldest brother Carlos spoke in a gruff voice with a thick Spanish accent like the older family members did.

"Well we've had our... moments but never really have either of us officially made it... official. If that makes sense." Keith spoke nervously awaiting their reply. 

Some turned to each other and murmured in another Language that Keith immediately identified as Spanish. Chloe giggled, turning to Keith. 

"So you're saying Lance never asked you out. You just began to have a relationship?" 

Keith puckered his lips in thought before nodding his head in confirmation. Then Lance walked in, probably choosing the worst possible time that there could have been. The air was thick as everyone looked to Lance. He smiled, but when he realized all eyes were expectantly on him he gave a nervous laugh.

"Yes?"

"Why haven't you asked your boyfriend to be your boyfriend?" Said the eldest sister, Isabella? Keith was having trouble remembering names. 

"I have.Have I?" Lance looked to Keith. Keith scoffed. 

"No, do you remember asking me?" 

"Well, I just assumed i had but just forgot about it. Well, the author forgot about it. She also forgot if she named the dog so she just chose another one. So I probably did, she just forgot and possible altered the plot." Lance said. 

Keith scoffed. "Sure."

"Mi hijo, did you put your bags in your room?" Rosa spoke.

"Si, Mama." Lance nodded. 

"Well, go help Issy and Chloe make dinner. Carlos, go fetch some wood and set up a campfire. Camila has to get to work, so Keith you can help me gather some things." Rosa ordered. Despite the groans she earned, everyone got up and started their jobs. As Rosa left to say goodbye to Caimla, who Keith assumed was her sister, he noticed that Benji was left alone with the cat on his lap. Keith frowned, standing up and turning to the young boy.

"You don't have a job?" Keith asked. 

Benji perked at the question, though is was more of a statement. 

"No, I'm not able for it. I get too tired too easily." Benji smiled, though there was clear pain behind it. Keith could easily tell since he too had put on many fame smiled before. 

"Well, I don't know where we'll be gathering things, but do you maybe want to come with your mother and I get bet some things?" Keith asked sheepishly, not knowing if he should be offering, but Rosa came in just as Benji was going to reply. And it seemed like he was going to decline.

"Oh, si! That sounds good. I'll just get some sunscreen for you hijo. Then we can get going."

Benji whined. "Mama, I'm fine!"

But Rosa arrived moments later, coating her son in the cream except for his face. Benji insisted that he would wear a hat instead. The three then got up and made their way to the back garden where Keith was shocked to see a chicken pen and a white goat. Benji trailed behind slightly, visibly getting tired. Keith wrapped his arm around Benji's waist,supporting him as he walked. Benji reluctantly accepted the assistance, giving Keith a short thank. 

"Now, I'll get the eggs while you two lure the hens out with food." Rosa commanded, handing Keith a steel bucked of seed. "Just whistle and drop the pellets onto the ground, they'll get the memo quick enough." Rosa explained, walking up to the hut. Keith laughed nervously, whispering to Benji.

"I actually cant whistle." Benji laughed, taking a seat on a wooden box and beginning to whistle.

"You throw the seeds, I can whistle for you."

Keith smiled, taking a seat next to Benji and beginning to scatter the feed while Benji whistled. Keith decided then that this trip would be a lot less stressful than he had expected. 

:)