38

Keith lay wide awake in his bed. The farmhouse was huge and his body was urging him to get up and explore. It was two am at the moment and everyone was asleep by midnight. Way too early in Keith's opinion.

After half an hour of debating with himself, Keith finally got up. He slowly crept down the ladder of his bunk and made his way to the door.

"Psst, where you going?" Called Lance from behind him.

Keith turned back to Lance. "I don't exactly have a specific destination..."

Lance smiled. "Let me come!" He quickly climbed down and slipped on some socks and shoes, ushering Keil to slip on shoes. He also gave out to Keith for the fact that he was sleeping in socks.

"So, where to?" Lance asked looking his and Keith's arms together. Keith raised his eyebrow.

"I already told you I don't know. I just wanted to walk around."

Lance scowled. "Well, most people would have decided by now. But I get your brain is... is... is smaller than mine!" Lance whisper-yelled.

Keith scoffed. "Nice insult." He whispered.

Lance pouted. "Let's just go."

Keith opened the door, the door silently opening. He was grateful that the door didn't creak like any old door would in an old house like this. They had animals roaming around the house, a small grey tabby cat and a ginger one. There was a small and yapped puppy that Keith didn't know the breed of. All he knew was it was short, had pointy ears and was aggressive. 

Keith and Lance crept down the hall, quiet like mice. Lance at some point had taken hold of Keith's hand almost as a comfort. Keith had to admit,the had truly was creepy. He hallways looked as it the were scarcely cleaned with webs in every corner and dust being layered below furniture or one rarely used objects. There was a doll on a shelf in one hallway that just screamed "horror movie!". 

Keith decided he disliked wandering around inside the creepy house, instead creeping over to a slightly open window. Lance timidly followed behind Keith. He was shivering, and not because of the cold. If anything, this farm was surprisingly warm. The air wasn't too hot, not moist and not humid. A nice warm temperature where you didn't have to layer on clothing but also not strip into barely any clothes. Keith pushed the window open completely, sliding out with ease and holding his hand out to Lance as an offer for help. Lance shook his head, following behind Keith clumsily. Keith cringed and hissed as his boyfriend practically tumbled out of the window. When Lance finally got out Keith let out a silent snicker earning a harsh punch in the arm from Lance. 

"So, where to?" Lance asked like earlier, lacing his and Keith's fingers together. 

Keith hummed. "How about the cornfield?" 

Lance scoffed. "What, are you hoping to get murdered?" Lance whispered.

Keith chuckled. "Come on,don't be such a stick in the mud." Keith replied, dragging Lance towards the large area of crops. On the way he passed many machines, animals and plants. The horse from earlier gave Lance an almost suspicious look, the other horse giving Keith a knowing look. It was like the clueless animals actually had... a clue. 

Keith continued to drag Lance, suddenly breaking into a sprint. Lance laughed, quickly picking up his pace to match Keith. Keith then picked  up his own pace, dashing as fast as he could now dragging Lance behind him. The two laughed out loud, trying yet failing to keep quiet. They weren't too keen on being quiet, besides, they were already a good distance away from the farmhouse. 

They two boys finally reached the cornfield. Lance had long since forgotten his fear of the crop land, running straight into the plants. He hit them aside with his free hand, the other clasped tightly onto Keith's hand. Keith had been hit multiple times in the face by corn, but chose to ignore it and reach a distance far away from any living mammal except for him and Lance.