78

Keith, Hunk and Pidge had gone on a hunt for a vending machine in the hotel while Lance stayed in he and Keith's room. They had gone to a new hotel, a much cozier one with a more casual interior and much more chill staff. The band were very enthusiastic and positive at their arrival, simply being able to tell by the outside of the hotel that they would enjoy their time here, which would probably be a long one. At least three weeks said Allura before she sent them of to Minnesota.

The hotel was near a mountain range which they were warned to stay clear of due to mountain lions. Lance was suspicious whether there were actually mountain lions there or whether they were hiding something like a secret alien base. He decided to trust the first option.

In the hotel the rooms were attached, well, the band's rooms were. The entrance was a living room, kitchen and dinging room all in one. There were two doors leading to two different rooms. One with a television and one with a bookshelf and a smaller television. Thankfully Lance managed to grab the better room with a the good TV before Hunk and Pidge. Their rooms were decided in the car on the way towards the hotel with a grumpy driver who refused to name himself.

Now Lance sits alone, his phone clutched tightly in his shaky hand as he stared in disbelief down at the phone screen. He was glad the others had left on a mission because if anyone were to be near him right now he probably would have taken his anger and fear out on them. He received multiple messages that day, some from distant family which was unusual, some from managers, Allura had also messaged him but there was only one that concerned him. A message from his brother Carlos. Carlos has a busy life, only using his old flip phone from emergency reasons. So seeing the message notification appear on screen was an immediate red flag. But opening the message was a whole other story with the words that Lance never wanted to hear or see spread across the screen. It was truly inevitable to receive this news but couldn't there be more time? Couldn't mother nature put a single life on the long finger?

Lance sighed, shutting his eyes tightly to try trap tears that tried slips past his lids. He read the message only once before he lost all composure. His heart shattered at the few words. A few small words damaged Lance's heart with the power like a whole battalion of soldiers.

Benjis time is almost up

The sentence was put in a way to make it seem less frightening than it was. It was just a sugar coated version of the true, blunt problem at hand.

Benji's dying, he's on his death bed.

Benji's almost dead.

And you're not here to say goodbye.

Lance dropped his phone, hoisting himself up onto his feet before stumbling out of the room. He rushed to the bathroom, just barely making it to slam the door behind him and collapse before the toilet. The door slamming was definitely loud enough to alert Coran next door but Lance just tried to numb his mind as he hurled the contents of his stomach into the bathroom. He continued to throw up into the toilet until he could no longer bare it. He weakly reached for some tissues, wiping his face before tossing the tissues into the toilet and flushing the water and other contents down the drain. Lance leaned himself against the bathroom wall, crossing his legs and pulling them up to his chest. And he cried. He bawled until there were no more tears left to shed.

It wasn't too long after until Coran came rushing into the room, following the sound of Lance's not-so-quiet sobs to find the mess of a boy on the bathroom floor. Coran seized up, rushing to fetch Lance a glass of water before guiding him out of the bathroom and into the main room where Coran sat Lance down on a couch. Coran took a seat beside him, the youthful twinkle in his eyes vanishing to be replaced with a serious twinkle. There was still a twinkle though. Coran never looses his twinkle.

"Do you want to tell me what happened?" Coran spoke in a calm voice, his eyes never leaving Lance who's own eyes were cast down to the glass of water he tightly grasped.

"My little brother. He's... he's not... going to be... alive... for much longer..." Lance trailed, his downward cast eyes glazed with tears.

Coran frowns, reaching out and squeezing Lance's shoulder comfortingly. "Loosing family isn't a very easy thing." Coran sighs, "I can confirm it. It's no cup of tea..."

Lance in astonished to look up and see Coran tearing up himself. Lance's chest tensed as eh scrambled for his own words. "Coran-"

Coran suddenly sniffles, wiping his shimmering eyes before looking up determinedly to Lance. "I've lost my own family and wasn't there to see them off but..." Coran tugs his phone from his pocket, typing rapidly on the screen before looking up to grin at Lance, "I'm sure you can go to see him off. You can take as much time as needed."

Lance's eyes begin to water again but he refused to let the tears fall. If he did he would probably become dehydrated. He placed down the cup before throwing his arms around Coran in a wild hug. Coran tenses before his arms hesitantly wrap around Lance too. A fond smile spreads on Coran's lips as he recalls his own family. He pushes Lance off before nodding to him.

"Go pack your things, I'll explain to Allura that the concert must be delayed. She hasn't released the tickets yet so hopefully we can reschedule."

Lance thanks Coran before hurrying to pack his things. Outside his room he hears the others finally come back with their victorious cheers. Coran greets them before they rush into Lance who pauses in the process of packing.

"We found one Lance! And we bought you some M&M's!" Pidge yells as she pounced in, immediately halting at the sight of Lance. "What're you doing?"

Hunk and Keith arrive not too later, both equally as baffled as Pidge. Coran follows, placing a hand on Keith and Hunk's shoulder. "Something came up at home. He has to leave but he'll be back before anything happens." Coran spoke. "Right Lance?"

Lance froze, easing at the comfort Coran provided before giving a confirming nod and hum. Keith immediately knew what he was talking about, a frown forming on his chapped lips. He licked his lips, sauntering over and assisting Lance with his luggage. Lance looked up, his brows furrow in confusion but all Keith game him was a knowing and sorrowful smile before continuing to pack. Lance smiled, straightening up and turning to the others.

"You guys... can come too. I'm sure Benji would wanna see you guys before-" Lance cut himself off from his daze but it seemed Pidge and Hunk were too excited to notice his slip up.

"Yeah!" Hunk cheered. "I can't wait to taste Rosa's cooking again!"

Pidge nodded. "Yeah, and their vegetables they grow and their cat!"

Hunk and Pidge excitedly yapped to each other, jumping up and down and shaking each other in excitement. Lance smiled at how ecstatic they were, turning to face Keith who held his own smile. Keith stepped over, kissing Lance chastely on the cheek before smiling comfortingly.

"Go pack up guys," Keith spoke to the others, "I'm sure we're leaving as soon as possible."

Lance nodded with a small smile, returning to his own luggage which he quickly finished up. Keith began on his own luggage as Lance whipped out his phone with a reluctance yet determination and sent a shorty reply to Carlos.

We're on our way

Sorry for the lack of updates, I had a little cousin over for the past three days and before that my house was under renovations. That means I had no wifi and then I had a little cousin to try entertain (which I succeeded in ;D) until I finally had some time to write. But hey! I got to update my other story that has opposite updates to his book so why not check it out if you didn't already ;) Shameless self-promotion

I'm also pretty sure I forgot to update yesterday :/

Hope you enjoyeddd

And what's gonna happen? So much drama!

-Patty '3'