76

As soon as the ride pulled up to the hotel, Lance scrambled out and scurried inside. He completely ignore the fans by the entrance to the hotel and ignore the greeting of the doorman and receptionist. He ran straight to the elevator, skidding to a stop inside. He immediately pressed the button leading to the floor their room was, watching as the doors shut irritatingly slow. 

Lance rocked back and forward as the smooth music chimed in the elevator. It reminded him when someone was put on hold while on call with a pristine and sophisticated company. Even though he would usually rock and sway along to the music he was currently distracted by his inner self who spewed an endless line of insults and words of anxiety and panic. He wanted to hit his head continuously on the elevator door, but the doors opened slowly with a soft chime. Lance took off as soon as the doors opened, dashing towards the room and fidgeting with his pocket to fish out the key. Then he suddenly realized, 

Coran had the room key.

Lance whined and groaned like an agitated toddler who was waiting for his mother to finish a conversation in a supermarket. He stomped his feet like an annoyed child and huffed and puffed endlessly until the others arrived. Lance was surprised to only see Hunk stroll up, the room key in hand. Lance didn't speak a word, only watching as Hunk hovered the key in front of the door sensor causing the door to unlock. As soon as the small light flashed and the door clicked open, Lance almost kicked the door down as he paraded inside. He darted to the rooms, the the kitchen area and then checked the bathroom but there was no sing of Keith. 

"Where is he?!" Lance cried, his hands slowly rising to slip into his chocolate locks of hair. 

"I don't know." Hunk spoke lowly. "But the others are looking around the hotel."

Lance's lips trembled, his fingers slowly curling and latching onto various locks of his hair. "I'm an idiot. I just do what I'm told and expect everything to go right for me." He whimpers. 

Hunk sighed and made his way over to Lance who slowly lowered himself onto one of the beds. "Yeah, what you did today... well nobody was happy about it. Heck, everyone is pretty damn annoyed."

Lance rocked back and forward, alarming Hunk in the slightest. It reminded Hunk of the characters in scary movies who would suddenly go insane and murder their friends and family. Well, let's just hope that doesn't happen to Lance.

"I'm a jerk. I-It's not like I wanted to say it but... well I didn't but... I was told to." Lance spoke with a waver in his voice.

Hunk's brows furrowed in confusion. "What do you mean?"

Lance's hands shook as they dropped from clutching his hair to clasping over his eyes. "I-I... Allura said that we need to challenge upcoming bands with a bold move. We need to be more famous if we want our money... in my case... I need people to talk about us w-whether it's in a good or bad way so I c-can pay f-for B-Benji's treatment... So I... I was going to say what I though people would wanna hear!" Lance began to speak between small, quiet sobs. "So-so... so I- I... I was going to tell pe-people ab-out me a-and Keith... But I should ha-have told you guys..."

Hunk sighed and took a timid seat beside Lance, placing his large palm over his back. "I'm not gonna lie, but yeah, you should have. But not just because you were gonna come out to everyone, but we all need to shoulder this. It's our band, our business and we signed that damn contract so we all take responsibility."

Lance's shoulders continued to shake and quiver, his hands eventually lowering and shakily resting on his lap. He leaned over to Hunk, laying his head on his close friend's shoulder. Hunk was the best soother, ever. No doubt or question. So Lance lay silently as Hunk comforted him by rubbing soothing patterns into his back and embracing him warmly.

Pidge and Corand stood by reception, mapping out a plan. Coran made his way towards the leisure center, because hey, maybe Keith hit the gym to calm some nerves. Pidge made her way to the hotel restaurant and searched around. After a failed search, she took a croissant and made her way to the bar. She quickly scanned, smiling victoriously when her eyes locked on a hunched over figure by the bar. 

She scurried over to him, standing on her toes to slip onto the bar stool beside him. She tore her croissant in half, sliding her hand over to offer him half. Keith was reluctant to take the half but ate it nonetheless. He straight up took a bite of it, Pidge wanting to grimace at the very action. She prefers to peel the croissant and eat it slowly while savoring the flavor. Keith, by the looks of it, does not.

"Look Keith, nobody is happy about what happened today but-" Pidge began but Keith immediately cut her off. 

"I think Shiro tried to kill himself." Keith spoke, his bangs hanging over his sagged head so Pidge had no way of telling his emotions except by listening to his voice. and by the sounds of it he sounds miserable. 

Pidge was frozen in shock, her hands shaking slightly as her wide eyes stared in bewilderment at Keith. "I-I... I... Wow..." Pidge breathed. 

Keith continued, his shoulders drooping low and his crossed arms leaning on the bar surface. It seemed as if his arms were the only thing supporting physically. As to emotional support, Keith's posture showed pure lack of that.

"I called him when I got here because I didn't know who else to talk to but..." Keith sniffled, his hand shakily lifting to wipe his eyes with the fabric of his glove. "But he was acting weird and all I could hear was the background. I don't know where he was, a bridge or road but... but he was somewhere. If I was home right now... I would... I don't know, maybe this never would have happened."

Pidge sighed, leaning over and resting her weight against Keith who's shoulders vibrated with small cries. She wrapped her arm around Keith's waist and nuzzled her head into the crook of his neck. 

"Trust me Keith, there's nothing all of us want more than to be at home. It's like slavery in this business, but it's been worse. I'm saying it won't get worse but we hoped you would join the band i the first place because we knew you would be new and fresh. We wanted- no, we needed something refreshing to stop our insanity. Well, maybe postpone it," She snorted as the tiniest smile formed on her lips, "but we all need you. So all we can do it rely on each other and understand each other until our contract is over."

Keith sat up, wrapping his arm around Pidge's shoulder and giving her a thankful squeeze. "Thanks." He muttered. 

Pidge smiled with a sigh. "It's fine. And about Lance," Simply the mention of Lance's name made Keith tense and anger bubble in his stomach. Pidge still continues with a frown, "it's not secret he's going through a lot. He's dense and an idiot, but he isn't heartless. Give him a chance and be straightforward. He can be a jerk sometimes but that's just a quality you have to learn to love."

Keith snorted, a smile spreading over his own lips and his eyes finally turned to lock gazes with Pidge. "Wow, you're surprisingly good at giving advice. Even though you're a kid and all."

Pidge punched Keith lightly with her free arm as she muttered, "Shut up!"

Keith chuckled, slipping off his stool as Pidge also hopped off. They began walking towards the elevator to return to the hotel room, thankfully meeting Coran on the way. The munched on their surprisingly delicious croissants as the elevator doors shut. As the elevator rose Keith could only hope his life was also going up despite it seeming like it was only spiraling downwards.

Geeeeezzz my next book is gonna only have 20 chapters or something XD

VOLTRON TOMORRROOOWWWW 

I'M DYINGGGGGG

-Patty '3'