14

Hey!
I just wanted to say how much I'm enjoying reading your comments!
They're super creative and nearly all of them make me laugh.
But I'm sorry if I haven't replied to your comment, I've tried to reply to them all but there have just been so much lately, more comments that votes!! So thank you for spamming me with comments, I really appreciate to the the book receives. And please continue to do it because it really entertains me and inspires me to write more.
AND the bookhit 1K!!!! Thank you!
🎆🎆🎆🎆🎆🎆🎆🎆🎆

Keith squirmed around in his usually comfortable bed. He used to be able to sleep like a log in the old bed, but now he felt as fit were impossible.
(Does everyone call mattresses mattresses or something else?)
It felt as if the mattress had poles inside, prodding his back. Keith groaned, pulling himself off the bed and trudging towards Shiro's room. He knocked on the black door, hugging himself to keep warm. He heard footsteps behind the door, slowly making their way to it. It slowly opened to reveal Shiro, who seemed to be having a sleepless night just like Keith.

"Can't sleep..." Keith murmured.

"Me neither." Shiro replied, his voice rough.

Shiro turned on his heel, waiting for Keith to do what he usually does; lay his head on Shiro's shoulder. Once he did he lead them both towards Shiro's bed. Shiro carefully climbed in before Keith "elegantly" belly flopped, smashing his face into the pillow. He then rolled over towards his brother, laying his head on his chest and entangling their limbs. Shiro silently allowed him to do as he pleased, wrapping his arms around his younger brother.

"Keith..." Shiro mumbled.

Keith hummed back in reply.

"Do you remember when we first moved here, you always got nightmares. The first time you are into my room to sleep you wouldn't go near me. But when you woke up you were snuggled up against me."

"And I remember I had to tell you I wet the bed when I was sixteen because I didn't know how to change the sheets."

"And you tried to bring a cat in from the streets but when it scratched you, you threw it out the window."

"Well it didn't die!"

The two brother laughed, continuing to remember old memories. They eventually fell asleep, Keith drooling all over Shiro's chest at some point. But Shiro was used to it.

* * *

"Mom, where's dad?"

"He's gonna be away for a while."

"For how long?"

"A few month, maybe years."

"What happened?"

"He's in a deep sleep."

"Why?"

"Because he had an accident, he needs rest."

"But... how long of a rest."

"A long rest, Keith."

***

"Mom, where's dad going?"

"I-into the ground dear."

"Why?"