60

Keith sat dully at the dining table. It was a mystery as to how the table could hold up to twelve people when it was only built to hold six. He was sitting on the chair that had definitely seen its day, now it was worn, the wood slightly chipped and the cushion beneath him was flattened and the thread torn and pulled from its place. It was much more luxurious than his old dining table and seats in he and Shiro's apartment. They had plastic chairs and a wooden table that only two could fit at, four if you were willing to have you knees crushed. But with the McClain's dining table you could stretch our your legs and relax. 

With a fix expression of pure boredom, Keith lazily scrolled through his social media. His bedhead was tied back with a ribbon that young Val had insisted on using. It was a pink ribbon with frilly edges. Speaking of the little devil, Valentina skipped through the kitchen, grabbing a cereal bar and opening it up quickly. The foil wrapped was tossed into the trash and the bar was shoving inside Val's mouth. She tore off a part and offered it to the huge animal that marched inside. Its slobbery lips clamped around the sugary bar, its horrific tongue scooping out of the girl's hand and its razor like teeth chewed and chomped down on the food. Keith grimaced at the exchange, Val not even flinching as she wiped her hand on her denim shorts. With a giggle followed by a bark, the two ran back outside. Mateo ran from the hall behind Keith, screeching at the top of his voice while he clutched onto a furry mass in him arms. The cat let out agitated mewls, thrashing in the young child's arms. Keith felt his chest twist at the sight. He jumped up, calling after the hysteric duo.

"Mateo! Why don't I take the cat from you?!" Keith exclaimed after him. 

Mateo turned with a pout on his chin. 

"But Princess promised to play today." Mateo stated, looking down to the persian cat.

"Er... actually Princess promised she would help me... unpack today." Keith countered. 

Mateo gasped, giving an expression as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

"Of course!", He gasped, his mouth forming a round shape, "Princess loves helping people!" He hollered.

The young child stumbled over to Keith, dropping the exhausted cat into his arms. With a proud grin, he then chased Val outside. The McClain's garden was huge. It was acres of farmland, despite how much Lance denies that his home is a farm. If you traveled far back enough, there was a chicken coop as well as pigs and an old goat. It made Keith chuckled every time the goat was mentioned. The goat was apparently born before any of the younger generation here. They had purchased it the same year they moved to America. The younger children babbled on about their adventures with old Bettie when Keith first came. Of course, that was only three days ago. He still had two weeks, twelve day to be exact, before he and Lance went to Los Angeles to where Altea Recording Studios was situated. Keith decided he best make the best of his days here. He sighed looking down at the cat that was dropped into his lap. She looked back up at him, her usually unamused eyes holding a more suspicious and curious look. Keith smiled down at the kitty, gently reaching out to run his finger across the top of her head. The once hesitant cat had almost immediately warmed up, lounging across Keith's lap with her ears lying back and her eyes shut in content. Keith continued to text some friends and post like Lance had suggested; briefly yet not too infrequently, showing some about what their doing, but not enough that they could stalk them. 

"'morning..." croaked a voice behind Keith. In ambled Lance, his hair sticking up in all directions and pajamas crinkled and rolled up his limbs. 

"Good evening." Keith teased, switching off his phone and continuing to stroke Princess.

Lance smiled, "You've befriended the beast." He pointed out. 

Keith nodded, "Though she isn't a beast. She's a sweetie." Keith spoke, the last part in a voice one would talk in if they were talking to a baby.