44

Lance sat silently by the sea shore. He had taken his shoes off and let his toes dug into the sand beneath them. People often say they hate the feeling of sand, but Lance thought quite the opposite. He sighed contently as the cool water washed up close enough to wet his toes. He sighed softly, leaning his head back and gazing up to the sky. He always came to a beach close by his home. His little and older siblings and him would play in water similar to this. He and his sister would sit like this for hours. Even though she wanted to play or build sandcastles, she would always sit with Lance. She understood Lance wasn't at his best at times so she would sit silently or gather seashells for him. Lance had kept every seashell, he had remembered every wave and he had never forgotten and never not been greatly for his family. He wouldn't be able to live like Keith, growing up without his siblings and cousins. Growing up without a father, without a mother, only a single brother who had other responsibilities. Lance finally realized how troubled Keith was growing up. And counting his physical illness and his sexuality, as well as his... difficulty with making friends, Keith must have had a hard life to say the least.

Speaking of who, Keith strolled up to Lance anxiously. Lance turned to face him, giving him a warm smile. The setting sun shone softly on Keith's face making his skin glow, an orange, pink hue bringing his features to life. His eyes shone almost like the sun itself, maybe even brighter.

Lance stood himself up and brushed his hands off on his green khaki shorts, the sand sticking to his shorts of floating to the ground. He placed his hands on Keith's cheeks, feeling the heat emitting from them on the palm of his hands. He then slid his hands to Keith's jaws and stroked Keith's cheek with his thumb.

Keith stood dumbfounded, his body gone numb and his face relaxed. A smile spread across Keith's lips as he reached his hands up to reach behind Lance's neck. He let one hand hold Lance, the other playing with his hair. They placed their foreheads together, silently enjoying each others presence. Neither spoke, but both were thinking the same words.

I Love You

*   *   *

The band mates sat together at a table in a restaurant. Lance and Pidge were sitting across form each other, kicking each others feet. Hunk and Keith were conversing about their favourite shows while Shiro showed Coran for probably the fifth time how to video call. Finally, Coran was able to contact whoever he was looking for.

"Ah, hello? Allura can you hear me?!" Coran hollered. Allura winced and smile sheepishly.

"Y-yes... hello paladins! Coran informed me of your cool new name!" Allura had a bright smile and her eyes twinkled as she spoke. Clearly she had quite an attachment to the paladins.

"Hey Allura." Hunk greeted.

"Hey Princess!" Pidge called.

Keith decided not to question the strange nickname. "Hey..." Keith uttered.

"Hello Allura, did you miss me?" Lance smiled in a flirtatious way. Keith scowled and swung his legs to his left where Lance was seated. Lance whined and pouted in Keith's direction, but his puppy dog eyes were ignored as Keith turned his full attention to Allura.

"Er- Hello. I hope you've all been doing good. Shoots have been doing good from what my reports have have been telling me. And all good reviews on the hospitality of you staying places I hear."

"Yes, they were all amazing." Hunk smiled.

Keith and Lance glanced at each other. Lance's lips curled into a sly grin while Keith shuddered. Keith always knew ghosts were real... always. And that experience in the cabin just proved it.