1

"And that's all for today class! If you have any questions concerning next year's dance tour just call me or Shiro." Keith called, tightening his ponytail that held his hair back before walking to the staff kitchen in the back of the studio. He grabbed two bottles of water from the fridge before going back out front.

'Isn't it weird how fridge had a d in it but refrigerator doesn't?' Keith thought to himself as he walked up to his brother. He tossed one to his brother saying, "Heads up."

"Thanks." Shiro muttered, opening the bottle and taking a long sip of the cool water. Keith copied him but instead took multiple short sips.

"So," began Shiro, closing his drink and turning to face Keith. "I was talking to an old friend, you remember Coran, right?" Keith nodded. "Yeah, well he wanted to bring a few people here, mainly teens, to get a class off us. You know, improve their skills I guess."

Keith raised a suspicious eyebrow, looking his brother up and down. "Alright. But why does it sound as if you're asking me permission to say yes?"

Shiro shrugged in an almost nervous way. "Well only because... well you'll see when they get here. They'll also be camping out here. I told them to bring sleeping bags. But some of them should be sleeping on their bus." Shiro explained, walking to the kitchen. Keith thought to himself.

'Who could be coming? Probably just some girl scouts on a team bonding trip." Keith shrugged, grabbing his jacket and bag that had his essentials such as hair ties, his phone, portable charger and so on.

"I'm walking home! See you there!" Called Keith to his brother. He got a grunt in recognition from his brother from the kitchen in return.

Keith looked back at his studio. Two of the walls were mirrors. When you walked in the two walls on the left and right reflected each other so the students could see what they're doing. The two other walls were painted a soft red, almost pink and the floors were padded slightly. The wall with the entrance door on it had lots of shelves, half of them covered in trophies and the others with frames with pictures with members of the dance group. On the opposite wall there was a long shelf unit for students to put their belongings. In the top right corner there were multi-colored beanbags. Many musical instruments hung on the wall, students often enjoyed taking down a guitar or the keyboard and playing. Keith was often begged to sing along with the singing and dancing kids. But he always turned them down, much to their expectation and disappointment. It was strange but when Keith was designing the studio he wanted it to be a fun and homey place. He even gave the students their own kitchen in the back.

He walked out the exit door and down the streets towards his and Shiro's apartment. He passed many couples walking hand in hand. Keith had never been in a relationship, and only ever had a crush on one person in his whole life. But when he moved with Shiro to their current house he never saw them again.

Keith and Shiro aren't brothers by blood. Shiro's parents adopted Keith when his parents died, but sadly soon after, Shiro's parents died themselves. It was then just the two boys. Shiro was eighteen and Keith was fifteen so they were old enough to live by themselves. By the age of sixteen Keith had a record deal and a partnership with the Altea company, run by Allura herself. But soon his deal was cut off and before he could even release an album he was told to leave. Apparently the company wanted to focus on another band because they were more promising than Keith. Keith didn't let it bother him and, instead, opened up his own dance school. Soon enough one of his students made a YouTube channel to post videos of Keith and some of his students dancing. Many people then began to join to dance alongside the now famous Keith Kogane in his dance school. Now at eighteen his school has been open for two years and already is one if the most famous dance schools in the world.

It always upset Keith to recall his old career. There was never a day that Keith didn't miss being able to sing. He remembers the thrill of walking down the street and meeting people who apparently loved Keith's voice and wanted to get a picture. Keith could never forget the smile on the people's faces when he kissed their cheek or forehead. He'd never forget the love and support his fans gave him. Yet all of it was gone and a new Keith emerged. The Keith who only his oldest fans would remember as a singer, the new fans only knowing him as the dancer. Don't get me wrong, Keith loves to dance too! If he didn't would he open his own school? But he would never say he preferred dancing over singing.

Finally arriving at his apartment, Keith pushed his key into the keyhole, twisting his key and walking in. His apartment wasn't very big. It only had a kitchen with white walls and black tiles on the floor. They had a dishwasher and washing machine in the kitchen, but no drier, They usually had to hang the wet clothes up in their living room. They ate their meals in the living room as they had no dining room. Their living room had two black couches and a quite large TV. The walls were cream and the floor a black wood. They had a single bathroom which, like the kitchen, had black floors and white walls. Keith's room had red walls, black bed sheets and a wooden wardrobe and a wooden desk. He had storage compartments under his bed where he put his essentials and paperwork for his studio. Shiro's room had black walls and wooden floors. His bed was black too, yet he had a desk and a shelf unit for storage. Unlike Keith who would shove things like books and gifts from friends under his bed, Shiro liked to put them on display.

Keith sighed, stretching his tense muscles and walked to his kitchen. He pulled a bowl from a press, grabbing some milk from the fridge and cereal before making a meal. This caused Keith to go back to his old thoughts. 'Why does fridge have a d?' That made Keith snickered at his own words, but continued to chew on his cornflakes.

"Keith, you here?" Called Shiro as he entered the apartment.

Keith hummed, his mouth still full with cereal. Shiro walked into the kitchen. Keith stood at the sink, continuing to eat his cornflakes as Shiro grabbed a pot.

"I'll be making soup for dinner. No protesting." Shiro said, pointing at Keith. Keith pouted at his brother. Keith hated soup. It was worse when Shiro added vegetables which he was most-likely going to do today.

Shiro clicked his tongue, turning back to the pot and grabbing different things to cook with. Keith took this as his chance to escape, throwing his bowl into the sink and dashing to his room. He could just hear Shiro groan, complaining about Keith being lazy. Keith smirked, flopping down on his single bed.

You'd think they'd be loaded with the amount of money that they earn per year, but they spend it all on keeping the studio and doing tours. Keith reached under his bed to find something to read. Maybe that will help pass time.

Finally Shiro called Keith. "Keith, soup's ready!" Keith had long since stopped reading and was soon scrolling through social media. He dropped his phone and ambled into the kitchen, grabbing a spoon and a bowl of soup. Even though Keith was revolted even by the spell of the soup, he still scarfed it down like a lion who hadn't eaten in a week.

"I thought you said you didn't like soup." Shiro smirked, taking scoops of soup and swallowing it slowly.

"Oh yeah, I despise it. But I'm starving!" Keith continued to devour his food.

Shiro chuckled, continuing to slowly eat. After eating their meal Keith and Shiro decided to watch TV. The TV was probably the only expensive thing in their house, it was probably five hundred dollars. Shiro wanted it for a while so the two brothers put their money together to buy it. They both sat on the couch, snuggling together in a single thin blanket. They both shared a bowl of microwave popcorn that was situated in between their legs.

"Oh, and I forgot to mention something." Shiro began causing Keith to turn away from The Big Bang Theory that was currently playing.

"Hm?" Keith hummed taking another handful of popcorn.

"Coran and the others are coming over tomorrow morning." Shiro said, turning back to the TV casually, waiting for Keith to explode.

"Alright." Keith said tamely. Shiro wasn't expecting Keith to be so calm about it and Keith knew that. But really on the inside Keith was screaming.

EDITED
WORDS: 1534