Markiplier #23

{⚠Trigger Warning⚠️}

I sat on the couch, bored out of my mind. The house was strangely silent. Mark should be recording. Raising a questioning brow, I got up and walked upstairs. Entering his room I found that he wasn't there. The bathroom door was oddly closed, so I knocked. No answer. I walked in, and instantly regretted it. My breath hitched in my throats as I saw a bloody knife on the counter. Tears formed in my eyes.

"Mark..." I whispered.

I ran away, panicking.

"Mark? Mark?! MARK!!" I screamed, hoping he would answer.

I checked the entire house and he was nowhere to be found.

"Oh god, please don't tell me..." I whispered, running up to the attic.

I climbed the stairs and opened the trapdoor in the roof. I climbed up, rain pouring down on me. When I got to my feet, I looked up. I gasped as I saw Mark standing by the edge, looking down. He bent his legs a little, preparing to jump.

"MARK NO!!" I screeched, running up and grabbing him.

I ripped him from the edge, landing on my back with a grunt. Mark laid in my arms, frozen. Hot tears streamed down my face. I sat up and wrapped an arm around his back and placed my other hand on the side of his face.

"I got you, I got you, oh god..." I breathed shakily.

Mark turned his head and looked at me. As soon as our eyes locked, his face crumpled into sadness. He began to sob into my chest, as I held on him tightly.

"I'm sorry.... I'm so sorry..." He choked out.

I shook my head, and helped him into a sitting position. I wiped his tears away.

"I'm just glad I made it in time." I said, hugging him again.

We sat in silence until I pried myself away. I need answers.

"Why? Why would you think this is a good idea?" I asked in a pleading voice.

He shook his head and looked away. I gently made him look me dead in the face.

"Please tell me..." I begged.

He sniffled and sighed.

"A-all the hate on YouTube.... I've been stressed at work.... people have been threatening me.... I-I know I shouldn't let it get to me....." His words descended into another fit of sobs and the occasional coughing and hacking.

"Mark..." I whispered.

He looked at me, his big brown eyes swamped with sorrow.

"Who cares about the hate? Think about all the people that love you. Do you realize how much damage you would cause to the world if you did this?" I asked, hoping he would understand.

He shrugged in response.

"I never really thought of that." He mumbled.

"If you killed yourself Mark, I wouldn't know what to do with myself." I said.

He closed his eyes, a few more tears rolling Dow his cheeks. I sighed heavily and helped him to his feet.

"Come on, let's get you inside." I said.

And with that, I took his hand and pulled him inside and out of the pouring rain.

(A/N: this was short and kinda sucked but I've got a good idea for the next one. :D)