Markiplier

I sat in my room, on my black star covered comforter, staring at the wall. The blackish-blue galaxy styled wall had become a familiar sight to me. I had even memorized all the imperfections. I had been sitting there for a few days now. My mom would come in 3 times a day and give me a plate of food-which I'd only pick at-then tell me I should be outside like a normal 16 year old. I wouldn't say a word to her. Then she would suggest painting my room and I would instantly bark at her not to. I loved my galaxy themed bedroom. I loved space in general. I even got my hair died teal blue and purple after I cut half of it to a buzzcut. I got my love of space from Mark. He was my older brother. Older by 11 years to be exact. He was living in LA, while I was stuck in Cincinnati. I missed him so much. I had spent the entire summer with him in LA, I loved it. But, when I came back home, nothing seemed good anymore. I suddenly lost interest in the things I loved. Then, everything I did began to hurt. It became so unbearable that a few days ago I shut myself up in my room by myself. I felt lost, and when I was sure I was alone I would break out in huge crying fits. I looked down at my clothes, and smiled a bit. I was wearing black and white plaid sweat paints, and a black sweatshirt with another galaxy design on it. I remember used my art tools to make this, and when I was bored I would put it on and look up stuff about space. I looked at the sleeves and saw a bunch of silver writing, that was from when I had pneumonia and all my friends signed my sleeves since I didn't have a cast to sign. I trailed my finger down the sleeve until it landed on a name that was towards the bottom. It was written in gold, I made that happened because it was special. It was Marks name. I heard my door open and rolled my eyes.

'Another lecture?' I asked in my head.

I heard the clank of a plate being placed on my desk. Someone walked around the bed and sat down next to me. I couldn't see them however, due to the wall of hair at the side of my face.

"I don't need another lecture Mom." I said, my voice rough and scratchy.

There was a moment of silence.

"Does mom sound like this?" A deep voice said.

I shot my head up to see Mark sitting next to me. I gasped and threw myself on top of him, wrapping my arms around his next.

"Mark!" I breath.

I heard him laugh, and he hugged back. I slowly pulled away, finding myself on his lap. I looked at him in astonishment.

"Okay 2 things Mark." I said, his name suddenly joyous on my tongue.

Mark nodded.

"1, your hair is red. 2, what are you doing here?" I asked.

Mark smiled, and kissed my forehead.

"Yes my hair is red, and that's my surprise." Mark said happily.

I gave him a puzzled look. Mark looked at me like I had grown an extra head.

"Your birthday was like 3 days ago." He said as if it were obvious.

"Is that how long it's been?" I asked, looking at the calendar.

Mark nodded giggling.

"Huh, you kinda lose track of time staring at a wall for so long." I said, my smile dropping.

Mark gave me a concerned look.

"What do you mean by that?" He asked worriedly.

I swallowed hard and looked down to twiddle my fingers. Mark placed a finger under my chin so I had to looked him in the face.

"What do you mean by that Addy?" He asked, this time a bit slower.

I shrugged, and sighed.

"I've been sitting in my room staring my wall for apparently 3 days now." I said, trying to play it off like nothing.