Markiplier #19 OC Hero Prompt | Includes Jack and Felix

{Top: Beth Hero Design}

I snuck down the stairs, my heart pounding a thousand miles an hour. I didn't want to wake Jack up. What would I use as an excuse? I can't tell him the truth that's for sure. I slowly stepped onto the last step, making a loud creaking noise. I tensed up, lifting my shoulders and shutting my eyes tight. Silence. I let out a breath of relief and quickly tiptoed to the door. Just as I was about to grab the handle, I heard someone behind me.

"Beth?" Jack said, sounding confused.

I slowly turned around.

"H-hey Jack.... I couldn't sleep and I thought I'd go out for a stroll." I explained nervously.

He stared at me for a moment before rolling his eyes.

"Come sleep in my bed then." He said.

I shook my head.

"That won't be necessary." I said, backing towards the door.

"Beth it is way too late for this, just go to bed." He said, yawning.

"But I really need to go for a walk." I insisted.

I looked at my watch. I panicked in my head.

"Beth I'm not doing this at three in the fucking morning." He said, sounding annoyed.

"Jack, this is really important to me." I said, hoping he'd listen.

"And why is that?" He asked.

Shit.

"U-uh... I- er...." I stumbled over my words.

He nodded as if he knew I'd do that.

"See you don't have a reason. Now get to bed." He said sternly.

I shook my head roughly.

"Ugh! I don't have time for this!" I exclaimed running outside.

Freezing air stabbed my lungs as I leaped off the porch. I heard Jack chase after me. I sprinted to the back of the house and to the cellar doors. I looked around to see he wasn't following me anymore. I shrugged and pushed the small button on the side. A touch pad popped out next to it. I put my hand against it, letting it scan my print. After a moment, it flashed green and the cellar doors opened. Light shined from the inside.

"B-Beth...?" A voice said from behind me.

I whipped around to see it was Jack. I ran up to him and slapped a hand over his mouth.

"Now, I'm going to remove my hand from your mouth, but promise you won't scream or even talk." I said sternly.

He hesitated, then nodded slowly. I pulled my hand away and brought it to his wrist. I pulled him down the stairs that stood behind the doors, and into my underground headquarters. I closed and locked the doors, waiting for the click as the touchpad re-hid itself. I nodded curtly, and led Jack down the glowing hallway and into a huge room. It was packed wall-to-wall with computers and screens and gadgets and armor-in-testing. Jack was looking around in astonishment.

"Wh-what is all this?" He asked slowly.

I sighed and gave him a nervous smile.

"You know that rumor about the 'super hero' that's been running around?" I asked, making air quotes for 'super hero'.

He nodded.

"Well, her hero name is IceFlyer.... you wanna know how I know that?" I asked.

He nodded.