Markiplier #14

I walked through the doors of the lunch room. My bag bounced against my hip and the strap burned my shoulder. I took a seat in the back corner of the cafeteria by the back door, alone. I sighed and leaned back in the chair, looking out the window. Rain was pattering against the glass, almost silent under the sound of students chatting. I took out my phone and opened photos. I looked through all the pictures of me and Mark. My brother was amazing. We're closer then anything. Except a few thousand miles of course. Mark was overseas currently. He felt he didn't live up to our dads name, and joined the U.S army to prove he was more then just some guy ok the Internet. It hurt my family of course. Our brothers and sisters were sad, my mother cried the day he left. I, on the other hand, was crushed. The day he left was day I felt everything crash down on me. Pain was intensified by a thousand. I could barely do anything. It's not like I had the energy to do it anyway. I pushed my friends away, wanting to isolate myself. I suddenly felt the burn of stares, and looked up. Jess, Cal and Sadie were standing in front of me. A cupcake sat on the table. Sadie blushed awkwardly.

"This is for you Evelyn." She said, looking at her shoes.

I smiled lightly.

"Oh really?" I asked, my voice rough and weak.

"Yeah, we miss you Eve, you aren't spending time with us anymore. Come sit with us, it'll be fun." Cal said, giving me a hopeful look.

I was about to grudgingly accept the offer, but shook my head instead.

"The gesture is really sweet guys, but I think I'd rather be alone." I said apologetically.

Jessica sighed and crossed her arms.

"You always say that! You always just want to be alone! I get it that your brother is overseas but get over yourself." She said, giving me an angry look.

I looked at her surprised.

"Wh-what?" I stuttered, a lump forming in my throat.

"Just because your brother is overseas, doesn't mean you can just sit alone and mope and push us all away. We are your friends so stop acting like a child and just sit with us!" She was furious.

I stared at her, speechless. I had no idea what to say. Sadie nodded lightly, looking at Jessica.

"You know I have to agree with Jessica. Ever since your brother left you've been kind of a buzzkill." She said, looking almost disappointed.

I opened my mouth to speak, only to stop as the lump got bigger. I clamped my mouth shut and looked down. Jessica scoffed.

"Fine. Be that way. Let's go guys." She said curtly, walking away.

I heard them walk away, and kept my head down. I shut my eyes tight, and forced back my tears. The noise of the cafeteria suddenly crashed down to silence. Confusion hit me, and I looked up. All the kids were staring at me. No, behind me. I felt my heart rate skyrocket as I began to panic. I slowly turned around, expecting to face something terrifying. When my eyes met the center of attention, my jaw hit the floor.

It was those brown eyes.

It was that red and black hair.

It was that goofy smile.

It. Was. Mark.

Tears welled up in my eyes and I stood up.

"M-Mark...?" I croaked out.

He was dressed in uniform, holding a rose. He handed it to me. A smile spread across my face. I grabbed the rose and tossed onto the table. Then I wrapped my arms around his neck, and my legs around his torso. Mark held me close to his chest. I cried into his shoulder. The cafeteria erupted into cheers, but I ignored it.

"I've missed you." Mark whispered.

I nodded, unable to speak through my sobs. He pulled away just enough to look me in the face. He planted little kissed all over my face, causing me to giggle.

"Mark stop!" I said, a smile brightening my once dull tired features.

Mark laughed and put me down. He sat in the chair next to my original seat. I followed his actions and sat next to him. The students in the large room had gone back to their activities, leaving me and Mark to talk in peace. Mark wrapped an arm around my shoulders.

"How ya been kiddo?" He asked, kissing my temple.

I shrugged, resting my head on his shoulder.

"Meh could be better could be worse." I said casually.

Mark nodded and hugged me tightly, leaning his head against the top of mine. I closed my eyes and smiled, the memories of his warm hugs filling my mind.

"It's great to have you back Mark."

(A/N: I wasn't sure where to end that lmao. But idk if it's good or not. I like it, but that's not what matters. What matters is if you like it. But anyways thank you all for reading and as always;

I WILL SEE ALL YOU SPARKLING MOONS IN THE NEXT CHAPTER!!! SMOOCHES💋💋💋)